Learning Support Assistant
- Immediate start
- Flexible work pattern
- Competitive rates of pay
- Ideal for a recent Graduate or University Student
A Learning Support Assistant is needed in an All-Girls Secondary School in South West London.
This Learning Support Assistant post can be part or full time.
You will need to be flexible, resourceful, have a strong 'can do' attitude, display highly developed organisational skills, use effective communication skills, be a team player, maintain good attendance and a consistent punctuality record for this Learning Support Assistant position.
The Learning Support Assistant role itself will involve the following:
- Working with teachers and support staff to provide a safe and supportive environment for students to learn both individually and in small groups.
- Working closely with EAL coordinator to ensure a flexible and appropriate offer is available to students with English as an additional language
- Monitor and record impact of interventions including short term achievable targets for priority areas of learning.
- Supporting and supervising the use of the equipment specific to child's needs.
- Ensure that students have opportunities to develop their skills as an independent learner.
- Differentiate resources and support students to make progress both in and out of the classroom
- Prepare dual language resources
- Have good ICT skills
- Willingness to support across the curriculum in different subject areas
- Contribute to the school awareness of EAL
- Provide pastoral support to students with EAL
- Facilitate contact with parents where appropriate
The rates of pay for this Learning Support Assistant position will range from £72 to £105 a day, depending on the qualifications and experience of each candidate.
A high successful All-Girls Academy. They are an 11 to 19 Comprehensive School, with a mixed Sixth Form.
Ofsted has rated the school as 'Good' across the board. It is also 1 of only 2 Secondary Schools in London and 1 of 16 in the UK, to have been awarded the highest level of the UNICEF Rights Respecting School Award: Level 2.
They hold Artsmark Gold, Sportsmark and Healthy Schools status, as well as SMSC Quality Mark and International Schools Mark.
The school places high importance on the development of Curriculum, Creativity, Character, Community, Convention.
In terms of facilities, the school underwent renovations in 2012, to inspire both staff and pupils. It won the RIBA Sterling Prize in 2015. This is the UK's leading architecture award.
You are welcome to apply if you are a recent Graduate/current University Student or experienced Learning Support Assistant.
Applications are also welcome if you are a British trained Learning Support Assistant or overseas trained Learning Support Assistant.
All applicants must have the following in order to be considered for this Learning Support Assistant position:
- Right to work in the UK
- Clear and up to date DBS
- UK Degree or an overseas equivalent
- Experience as a Learning Support Assistant in UK schools
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity in education and training as a Learning Support Assistant, then please apply via the link below and send your CV to Rahul at REESON Education as soon as possible.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%