Seeking an Experienced Learning Support Assistant for 1:1 Support with a Child with Autism in year 3
Are you a dedicated and experienced Learning Support Assistant (LSA) with a passion for working with children with Autism? This outstanding Primary school in Shepherd's Bush, is currently seeking a compassionate and skilled Learning Support Assistant to provide 1:1 support for a child with Autism in Year 3. This is a temporary position starting immediately and provisionally extending into the next academic year.
Learning support assistant - About the School:
The school is known for its commitment to providing a nurturing and inclusive learning environment, where every child is valued and supported. The school has a strong emphasis on collaboration and professional development, ensuring that our staff members have access to ongoing training and support.
Learning support assistant - Key Responsibilities:
* Provide dedicated 1:1 support to a child with Autism, ensuring their safety, well-being, and engagement in learning activities.
* Implement individualised strategies and interventions to meet the specific needs of the child, promoting their social, emotional, and academic development.
* Collaborate with the class teacher and other professionals to create and implement personalised learning plans, ensuring consistent support and progress monitoring.
* Maintain accurate records and documentation of the child's progress, including observations and reports, to inform future planning and interventions.
* Communicate effectively with parents/guardians, sharing updates on the child's progress and
Learning support assistant - Requirements:
* Previous experience working as a Learning Support Assistant, preferably with experience supporting children with Autism or additional needs.
* Sound knowledge and understanding of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), along with strategies and interventions to support children with ASD in an educational setting.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues, parents/guardians, and external professionals.
* Empathy, patience, and a nurturing approach to supporting children with additional needs, ensuring their emotional well-being and academic progress.
* Relevant qualifications in Special Education, Autism, or a related field are desirable but not essential.
* A supportive and inclusive school community that values the contributions of all staff members.
* Professional development opportunities and ongoing support to enhance your skills and knowledge.
* Competitive salary and benefits package.
If you are an experienced Learning Support Assistant passionate about making a difference in the lives of children with Autism, we encourage you to apply for this rewarding opportunity. Apply now to be considered for this role, starting immediately and all through to July 2024, with the view of going permanent.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%