REESON Education are supporting a prestigious Independent Pre-Preparatory School with their staffing needs for the new academic year. The school are looking for an experienced Level 3 Early Years Practitioner to join their team in September 2020 on a permanent basis.
The school caters for pupils aged 0 - 5 and is located within a leafy, affluent area of North London. The school can be easily reached via public transport, but on-site parking spaces will be provided as part of the additional benefits package.
The majority of pupils at the school leave aged 5 and go on to study at selective Independent Schools. Behaviour and resources are exceptional at all levels, and academic achievement is predominantly far higher than the national average at Early Years level.
As a Level 3 Early Years Practitioner you will be supporting the class teacher with the day to day running of the classroom. You will have a minimum qualification level of NVQ Level 3 or above.
You will assist in the delivery of indoor and outdoor activities, as well as with lesson planning and assessment. You will be responsible for the safeguarding of children and have an in-depth understanding of the EYFS framework.
Early Years Practitioner Main duties:
- Have strong observation, planning and assessment skills, ensuring the quality of learning is sustained.
- Have good time management skills as you will be required to manage your key children's' journals and meet all set deadlines for required paperwork.
- Be enthusiastic and confident in your ability to engage children and extend their learning through play, enabling their emotional, social and educational development.
- Have knowledge of Ofsted requirements in relation to the curriculum, special educational needs, child protection and Health and Safety of the children in your care.
- Ensure that company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Have a sound work history and be able to manage your own workload and meet set targets.
- To work closely in partnership with other nursery practitioners.
- To be actively involved in the planning, preparation and evaluation of the EYFS curriculum. To supervise and lead activities. Plan for key children from observations, next steps, wow moments and parental input. Support all children to develop their full potential.
- To be proactive in engaging and encouraging parent's involvement in their children's development in nursery and at home.
If you are interested in this role and would like to know more, please contact Amy at REESON Education today.