MATHS TEACHER POST IN OUTSTANDING REDBRIDGE SCHOOL
Excellent secondary comprehensive School in the London Borough of Redbridge, are looking for an enthusiastic Maths Teacher to join their fantastic Maths department in September 2023
- MPS + Outer London
- Full time Maths Teacher post
- Strong Senior Leadership Team
- Extremely forward-thinking school.
- 6th Form Teaching may be part of the Maths Teacher timetable,
ABOUT THE MATHS DEPARTMENT
Would you like to be part of a team that is supportive, committed, experienced and takes pride in delivering innovative and enjoyable lessons to inspire a love of Maths? Please apply to join this fantastic school from September 2023.
This school are seeking to appoint an ambitious and highly effective Maths teacher with fantastic opportunities to develop their teaching and learning in this vibrant Maths department. In 2019, the department achieved a fantastic Progress score of +0.72 placing it in the top 5% of schools. 2020-2022 saw results broadly in line with this. The school wish to build on their success and continue on their journey to become an exceptional Mathematics department.
THE SUCCESSFUL MATHS TEACHER WILL:
- Teach students according to their education needs.
- Ensure a high quality learning experience for students which meets internal and external quality standards.
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the school's procedures.
- Encourage good practice with regard to punctuality, behaviour, standards of work and homework.
- Mark, grade and give written/verbal and diagnostic feedback as required.
- Develop appropriate schemes of work at Key Stages 3, 4 and 5 with key stage/subject post holders.
- Promote extra curricular activities and take a key role in developing these.
- Assess, record and report on the attendance, progress, development and attainment of students and keep such records as required.
- Undertake a designated programme of teaching.
- Provide or contribute to oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to individual students and groups of students.
- Understand the requirements for high quality teaching.
- Be able to use ICT in all aspects of your work.
- Have excellent administration skills and an ability to meet deadlines.
- Have the ability to fulfil the requirements of a form tutor.
- Have good interpersonal skills.
- Have excellent communication skills and an ability to relate to people at all levels.
- Be a positive team player with a strong commitment to professional development
- Embrace new technologies and ideas that enhance learning
- Have the ability to deal sensitively with pupils, parents and colleagues.
- Be highly self-motivated
WHY TEACH BE A MATHS TEACHER IN THIS SCHOOL:
- Oversubscribed 11-18 mixed comprehensive school with over 400 students in the Sixth Form and excellent modern facilities to support learning.
- Work with a collaborative, forward thinking Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team.
- Strong vision of success and achievement supported by an excellent continuing professional development programme for all staff.
- Medical and well-being support for all staff (at no cost to the member of staff)
- An ambitious and supportive multicultural community that keeps our child-centred philosophy at the heart of everything that we do.
- Highly regarded for outstanding pupil behaviour and purposeful learning environment.
- Committed to the very highest standards of student care and achievement and seek outstanding staff who wish to be part of our success.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL LOOKIG FOR A MATHS TEACHER
This is a high performing school, rated as 'Outstanding' in their last Ofsted Inspection. The school is rated very highly for progress and over 80% of students achieve a grade 4 or higher in English and Maths. Within the local area, this school is considered to be the highest performing.
This is a school where internal promotion is a regular occurrence, a school who has fantastic internal support and a celebrated and effective leadership team who are highly effective. It's a great place to work for teachers and a chance to thrive for ambitious individuals.
PLEASE APPLY FOR THIS MATHS TEACHER POST ASAP
NEWLY QUALIFIED MATHS TEACHERS ARE VERY WELCOME TO APPLY, IN ADDITION TO EXPERIENCED MATHS TEACHERS
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%