- PRU School
- Position to commence January 2020
- Secondary SEN School for SEMH pupils
- London Borough of Southwark
- Permanent Post
Do you have a specialism and passion for Maths/Science?
Are you a quick learner who can adapt your teaching to suit the needs of your children?
Would you like to make a difference to the lives of young people with SEMH?
THE SCHOOL & JOB
I am seeking to appoint a Maths/Science Teacher within a PRU. The school is a good PRU school in Southwark that caters to students between the ages of 11 and 19, who have SEMH and challenging behaviour. The school has an exceptional reputation and fantastic facilities. They believe strongly that a rounded, engaging education that stretches students leads to successful learning and enables their pupils to achieve their potential and live independent, fruitful and rounded lives. This success is achieved through positive experiences and as a result all staff strive to create a school day that is motivating, rewarding and purposeful for each young person.
If you are looking for a new challenge in your career, this could be the perfect place to take the next exciting step in your journey!
The opportunity for progression to an Assistant Head position will be available for any suitably qualified and experienced applicants.
If you are:
- A good / outstanding Maths/Science Teacher with QTS
- Able to teach the Secondary Curriculum across KS 3 and KS 4 including Entry Level and GCSE qualifications
- Experienced in and passionate about working with pupils who have SEMH
- Effective at coaching and mentoring
- Enthusiastic, dedicated and resilient
- Committed to raising standards and improving pupil's life chances to achieve their potential
- An experienced leader who inspires colleagues and holds them to account
- A flexible team player
- Committed to continuing professional development
THE IDEAL APPLICANT
- An outstanding and inspirational teacher possessing QTS and SEN experience
- Fully committed to raising standards in Teaching and Learning
- You will have an in-depth knowledge of the current secondary Science & Maths curriculum to GCSE level
- Experience working with pupils who have SEMH, ADHD, MLD or social communication difficulties.
- Experienced in approaches that are known to be successful for learners with SEMH
WHY THIS JOB?
- Teachers Pension Scheme
- Our private Health Care Plan
- Access to our childcare voucher scheme.
- A relocation package if required
- Opportunities for extensive CPD