An 'Outstanding' mixed comprehensive in North West London is looking for an experienced and resourceful A Level Maths teacher for a part time contract (0.6)
Maths Teacher - A Level (Key Stage 5) specialist
- Maths Teacher
- North West London, Harrow
- Key Stages 5
- 'Outstanding' Grade 1 Ofsted
- Part time position, 3 days per week (0.6)
- Superb rates of pay
- February 2021 start
- Well-resourced and managed department
- Experienced and motivated Senior Leadership Team
- Students demonstrate great aptitude and dedication in Mathematics, leading to study at University
The school is based in a welcoming and tranquil area in North West London and was rated as "Outstanding" by OFSTED in its most recent inspection, its third in succession. This Secondary School prides itself on an excellent all-round education that its students leave with, many of whom go on to higher education and skilled vocational employment. They have strong relationships with the local community and parents/carers of the student body. Their collegiate feel is evident in everything they do and this harbours great relationships with local business and stakeholders who support the school.
The School has as a mission statement 'Opportunities through learning'. They believe that this means that every child who enters the School from year 7 through to year 13, should have:
- Opportunities to feel welcomed into a caring and encouraging ethos
- Opportunities to engage in the rich and varied curriculum offered at the school
- Opportunities to have the highest quality of education through outstanding teaching, learning and pastoral care
- Opportunities to feel a sense of belonging by fully embracing all the extra-curricular activities
- Opportunities to engage in learning which develops the character of young people today into the adults we need them to be for the future
- Fantastic facilities, open plan learning environment
- Strong and established Mathematics department
- Friendly staff
- Salary £29,915 - £45,766
You will be teaching Key Stage 5 students and will need to be confident in delivering A Level and Further Maths to a good standard. The School has a good record of achievement in Maths, especially so at A Level. The department boasts a strong team ethic, lead by an experienced practitioner. The department is collaborative, have a good bank of resources in place and encourage teachers to roll the subject out in a way that has proven successful to them.
Students and teachers alike enjoy lessons, which make for a positive and purposeful atmosphere throughout the school. This school is only looking to employ passionate educators, candidates who are prepared to fully immerse themselves in the school community, be willing to plan, prepare and deliver all lessons independently and take part in extra curricular activities.
The Mathematics department is well resourced and well run, the team work together and continually raise standards. The School focuses and invests in STEM subjects, benefiting from the additional support that a newly appointed STEM leader will be able to offer.
This position will be starting in February on a fixed term contract. The school offers great training plus a clear and attainable path for promotion - many responsibility post holders have been promoted from within the departments.
When you apply with Reeson Education, you get:
- Top rates of pay
- Professional support from our team of experienced consultants who offer guidance both pre and post placement
- Opportunities to progress your career
- CPD courses
- Ongoing access to the best and most exclusive future roles in London
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.