An "Outstanding" Independent School in Barnet, are looking to appoint a Maths Teacher to commence a part time role for the Summer term, covering a planned absence. You will need to be a specialist Maths Teacher capable of deliver A Level Maths to capable and willing students.
- Maths Teacher
- Part time, 0.8 timetable (4 days per week)
- £153 - £236 per day
- Outstanding Independent School
We develop thoughtful, motivated and responsible young people with a global outlook. Our pupils are excited by the challenge of learning; we help them to thrive and find their own path to happiness and success through the range of opportunities presented by the School.
- To provide excellence in education
- To bring out the best in every individual child
- To develop moral integrity and the confidence in pupils to be themselves
- To nurture pupils from childhood to adulthood
- To build a sense of community and environmental awareness
To provide excellence in education
This is achieved by:
- Providing an optimum environment in which outstanding learning can take place
- Designing a forward looking curriculum which establishes strengths in the core subjects but is also broad and flexible enough to adapt to the demands of the 21st Century
- Equipping pupils with the tools and habits of mind that enable them to navigate the global environment
To bring out the best in every individual child
This is achieved by:
- Having high expectations of all pupils and a belief that everyone can achieve and succeed
- Promoting life-long learning and well-being
- Encouraging compassion and social responsibility in pupils through giving time, talents and treasures
- Providing a breadth of experiences and opportunities to enable pupils to find their niche
To develop moral integrity and the confidence in pupils to be themselves
This is achieved by:
- Practising respect and tolerance in our multi faith and multi-cultural environment, through an understanding of Foundation values and traditions
- Enabling pupils to find the courage to stand up for what they believe in
- Providing opportunities to develop socially responsible pupils
- Encouraging pupils to be self-aware, resilient and to celebrate their individuality
- Motivating pupils to recognise the local, national and international context of their own education
A Level Results
An excellent set of A Level results has enabled a large proportion of this year's leavers to secure places at their university of choice in their chosen field of study, with over 35% of passes at A*/A, compared to the UK average of 25%.
The School is delighted to celebrate the excellent performance of their pupils in their GCSE examinations. With 57% of passes at grades 9 to 7 (A*/A equivalent), and 78% at grades 9 to 6 (A* to B equivalent), this year's cohort has risen to the challenge with great success; 12 pupils are to be particularly commended for achieving nine or more grades 8 or 9 (A* equivalent) and over a third of all passes were at these two top grades.
Applications are welcome from a Maths Teacher at any stage in their career including NQT's. Maths teachers and overseas trained Maths teachers will be considered for this position, but applicants should have UK QTS or an overseas formal secondary school teaching qualification recognised in the UK. Ideally you will have experience of working in a London Secondary School and can demonstrate the ability to differentiate lessons accordingly.
Covering a staff planned absence in April on a part time basis working with a good sized Maths department who range in experience. Resources are well planned and shared throughout the team and a collaborative working environment which fosters success is evident. You will be teaching Key Stages 4 - 5 and educating motivated students who want to succeed
As a member of staff you will experience a collaborative professional community, with quality development opportunities to inspire our students. Staff well being is of high importance and staff will be trusted and valued. They constantly push so that the School is a great place where everyone works together on a daily basis to be their best.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%