- Location: Chiswick, West London
- Start date: 7th November 2022
- Contract type: Part-Time (4 days per week, Monday - Thursday)
- Contract term: Maternity Cover (up to 1 Year)
- Salary: £28000 - £34000 FTE Dependent on Experience (£22,400 - £27,200 actual)
- Suitable for NQTs: Yes
Reeson Education are supporting an outstanding secondary school in Chiswick, West London who require a Music Teacher to deliver Music to GCSE and A-Level. This is part-time role starting November. 2022
The Role - Music Teacher - Chiswick, West London
The school require a creative and dynamic teacher who can contribute to the development of the Music curriculum at KS3, KS4 and KS5. Strong subject knowledge is essential, and the successful candidate must hold a QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree. This is a part-time maternity cover contract starting in November 2022 which will run for up to one year.
Responsibilities - Music Teacher - Chiswick, West London
- To assist the Head of Music in the planning and management of Music productions in school, including the audition process and to facilitate Musical Productions that fall outside the remit of BTEC Musical Theatre
- To direct groups at rehearsals, and live or recorded performances, in order to achieve desired quality.
- To help backstage in all internal large-scale productions
- To help the Head of Music co-ordinate backstage support and steward teams for all productions
- To deliver all course according to the Music Department Handbook and Development Plan.
- To maintain and develop schemes of work relating to the requirements of KS3 and the Examination Boards at KS4 and KS5, working collaboratively where appropriate.
- To ensure that curricular records are kept and that reports are written
- To supervise the use and care of the rooms assigned to Music classes, including adherence to relevant Health and Safety regulations in studios and other facilities.
Curriculum - Music Teacher - Chiswick, West London
- To teach agreed process and creative Music schemes to KS3 classes
- To teach and assess in regards to the GCSE and A Level specifications
- To ensure that curricular records and assessments are kept and reports written
- To mark all work set in relation to internal and external mark schemes
- To ensure that health and safety issues are properly understood and procedures followed effectively and consistently
The School - Music Teacher - Chiswick, West London
Based in Chiswick, this outstanding secondary school is easily accessed by train and tube.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS and reference checks.
Person Specification - Music Teacher - Chiswick, West London
The school are seeking a motivated, enthusiastic and innovative Teacher of Music to be part of a vibrant and supportive department, achieving great results. The department delivers GCSE and A Level Music Studies. The successful candidate will be able to ensure high achievement and the most positive outcomes for all students.
Reeson Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the core values of honesty, integrity, and excellence. We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
When you apply with Reeson Education, you get:
- Top rates of pay
- Professional support from our team of experienced consultants who offer guidance both pre and post placement
- Opportunities to progress your career
- CPD courses
- Ongoing access to the best and most exclusive future roles in London
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%