A mixed comprehensive School in Harrow seek an enthusiastic, fully qualified Music Teacher to take on a part time four month contract, starting after Easter, April 2023 (will consider sooner).
Music Teacher - April 2023
- Music Teacher
- £32,157 - £50,935
- Key Stages 3 - 4
- Part time position - 4 days per week
- 1:1 peripatetic sessions included
- April 2023 start
- Well-resourced and managed department
- Students demonstrate great aptitude and engagement in vocational subjects
SCHOOL INFORMATION - Music Teacher
The school is based in a welcoming and tranquil area in North West London, Harrow and was rated as "Good with Outstanding features" by OFSTED in its most recent inspection. This Secondary School prides itself on an excellent all-round education that its students leave with, many of whom go on to higher education and skilled vocational employment. They have strong relationships with the local community and parents/carers of the student body. They are fully inclusive and have many students for whom English is an additional language.
They believe that every child who enters the School from year 7 through to year 13, should have:
- Opportunities to feel welcomed into a caring and encouraging ethos
- Opportunities to engage in the rich and varied curriculum offered at the school
- Opportunities to have the highest quality of education through outstanding teaching, learning and pastoral care
- Opportunities to feel a sense of belonging by fully embracing all the extra-curricular activities
They offer an extensive curriculum and are one of a few comprehensive secondary schools to offer both Ancient Greek and Latin from year 7 through to Key Stage 5 where students can sit A levels. Wherever possible student groups are kept small to achieve best outcomes and appropriate support and learning pathways are developed for the individual needs of each student. There is a comprehensive curriculum for students at Key Stages 3 - 5. They aim to help their students become articulate, ambitious young people with the strength of character and the confidence to compete in a highly competitive world.
Additional information - Music Teacher
- Fantastic facilities, open plan learning environment
- Strong and established Music and Performing Arts department
- Key Stage 3 - 4 timetable
- Salary £32,157 - £50,935
- Music Teacher (part time, 4 days per week)
THE ROLE - Music Teacher
You will be teaching Key Stage 3 - 4 and will need to be confident in delivering Music to a high standard. The School are particularly keen to hear from Music Teachers who have varied experience through a range of syllabus (although this is not essential). If you are skilled in any instrument, including vocals, they are keen to hear from you as can build you expertise into your timetable and any extra curricular activities you become involved in.
This position will be starting in April (although they will consider a sooner start) for four months in the first instance. If you are an ambitious Music Teacher who has taught Key Stages 3 - 4 then this role should feature highly on your wish list. The school offers great training plus a clear and attainable path for promotion - many responsibility post holders have been promoted from within the departments.
Why work for this School? Music Teacher
- State of the art building with well-equipped classrooms, excellent resources and modern facilities
- Fantastic support from your line managers and SLT who will develop you and want to see you succeed in your career
- You'll be working in an OFSTED rated 'Outstanding' school
- Exceptional and wide ranging CPD opportunities
- Staff Wellbeing group who promote a healthy work life balance and arrange activities such as weekly staff yoga, on-site massage, weekly fruit, breakfast boxes, well-being garden, book club with free Kindle loan for staff etc.
- Cycle to Work tax free bike scheme
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%