Creative Music Teacher required for a fantastic new opportunity in a great Secondary school in North London, Barnet.
The school is based in a leafy and friendly area in North London and the was rated as "Good with Outstanding features" by OFSTED in its most recent inspection. The school has a very good level of behaviour and the academic standards are very high, and this is reflected in exam performance.
The expectations of their students and ethos remain consistent, striving for excellence in everything they do. This "Excellence for All" guides students and staff alike. They have developed a series of clear and consistent practices about how they teach and the qualities that they wish to develop in their learners as the firm belief is that they are at the heart of the Schools success. They are proud of their achievements of being an Outstanding School and a National Teaching School.
- The School continues to be good with outstanding features.
- Attainment 8 score: 61.8pts (top 4% in the country)
- Progress 8 score: 0.67 (top 7% in the country)
- Grade 5 or above in English & Maths: 73% (top 5% in the country)
- EBACC average point score: 6.1 (top 4% in the country)
- Fantastic facilities
- Strong and established Maths department
- Friendly staff and good working environment
- Salary £27,558 - £ 44,290
Applications are welcome from teachers at any stage in their career including NQT's. Music teachers and overseas trained Music teachers will be considered for this position, but applicants should have UK QTS or an overseas formal secondary school teaching qualification recognised in the UK. Ideally you will have experience of working in a mixed ability secondary comprehensive school and can demonstrate the ability to differentiate lessons accordingly.
A Maternity leave absence commencing in September on a full time basis is currently available. You will be working with a good sized Music team who range in experience and a well equipped department. Resources are well planned and shared throughout the team and a collaborative working environment which fosters success is evident. You will be teaching Key Stages 3 & 4 and educating mixed ability students who are in sets based upon ability.
When you apply with Reeson Education, you get:
- Top rates of pay
- Professional support from our team of experienced consultants who offer guidance both pre an post placement
- Opportunities to progress your career
- CPD courses
- Ongoing access to the best and most exclusive future roles in London