An 'Outstanding' mixed comprehensive School in the heart of North London are looking to appoint an ambitious, confident and dedicated NQT Maths Teacher to commence their teaching in September 2021.
NQT Maths Teacher - Barnet/Enfield border
- NQT Maths Teacher
- North London; Barnet
- Key Stages 3 & 4
- 'Outstanding' Grade 1 Ofsted School
- Full time, permanent position
- £29,915 - £41,136
- September 2021
- Excellent Senior Leadership Team
- All through school
The School has established a national reputation for excellence in teaching and learning, developing an approach which focuses consistently on helping young people to become effective learners. Extra-curricular provision is another aspect of school life they are very proud of. All secondary students have two hours of enrichment each week as part of their core curriculum. This helps them to build upon their learning in other lessons and to develop new skills and interests. They want all students to be confident, to feel challenged and to know that their talents are recognised and celebrated.
Whilst they feel their lessons and enrichment help to make them an exceptionally rewarding school to attend or to work in, perhaps the most unusual thing is the quality of the relationships you will find. Students like and respect each other and value their opportunities to learn. They get on exceptionally well with staff, so adults and students work together in a productive and trusting atmosphere. Students are given a high degree of responsibility and thrive on it. Student leadership is at the heart of their philosophy with student curriculum advisers, lesson observers and interviewers working along a more traditional student council. They believe that students are given unequalled opportunities to learn, to encounter positive life experiences and to excel. Underpinning all of their work with students and staff is the Christian ethos which they hope permeates all aspects of work.
This is an ideal environment for an NQT MAths Teacher.
You will be teaching Key Stage 3 and 4 and will need to be confident in differentiating lessons according to ability. You will join a small team of experienced professionals who will support, guide and encourage you to deliver a high standard of education all the while helping shape and facilitate your progression. As the School is growing, there will be a number of opportunities for promotion and progression both with in your subject and through the pastoral pathways. Opportunities like this do not present often, so only high calibre NQT Maths Teacher need apply.
Students and teachers alike enjoy lessons, which make for a positive and purposeful atmosphere throughout the school. This school is only looking to employ passionate educators, candidates who are prepared to fully immerse themselves in the school community, be willing to plan, prepare and deliver all lessons independently and take part in extra curricular activities.
- Children of colleagues working at the school for over two years, given priority for a place in Reception or Year 7
- An exceptionally talented and mutually supportive staff team
- Motivated, courteous and ambitious students whose behaviour has been described as exemplary
- Excellent professional development opportunities including support for programmes of further study and planned career development
- A pleasant and attractive working environment
- Free refreshments and lunchtime allowance
- A lower contact ratio than the norm
- Timetabled professional development time during the school day
- Planning and evaluation time during the school day
- A recruitment and retention allowance of up to £1,000 for full time secondary teaching staff
- A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and an expectation that all staff and volunteers share this commitment.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.