Nursery Practitioner - Harrow - Early Years Centre
Are you a passionate nursery practitioner keen to make a positive impact on the lives of children with high-level Special Educational Needs (SEN)? Do you have the skills and dedication to support children with complex needs, including tube feeding, personal care, sensory and physical requirements, as well as cognitive challenges? If so, we want you to join our team as a Teaching Assistant!
Position: Nursery Practitioner (High-Level SEN)
Location: Harrow - HA2
Hours: Full-time, Permanent - Monday to Friday - 8am - 4pm
About this early years centre:
We believe in providing exceptional care and education to all children, regardless of their abilities. We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive environment where every child feels valued, supported, and empowered to reach their full potential. As a Teaching Assistant, you will play a crucial role in helping us achieve this mission.
Responsibilities of a nursery practitioner:
- Provide one-on-one support to children with high-level SEN, including but not limited to those with tube feeding, personal care needs, sensory and physical challenges, and cognitive impairments.
- Work alongside a small team of dedicated teaching assistants.
- Assist with educational activities tailored to the individual needs and abilities of each child.
- Implement sensory integration techniques to support children's sensory development and engagement.
- Collaborate closely with teachers, therapists, and other professionals to create and implement personalized learning plans.
- Foster a nurturing and supportive environment where children feel safe, respected, and encouraged to learn and grow.
- Monitor and record children's progress and provide feedback to the teaching team as needed.
- Promote independence and autonomy among children, while providing appropriate levels of support and assistance.
- Minimum Level 3 qualification in Childcare (CACHE)
- Previous experience working with children with high-level SEN, including experience with tube feeding, personal care, sensory and physical needs, and cognitive challenges.
- Understanding of various SEN conditions and strategies for supporting children with diverse needs.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport with children, parents, and colleagues.
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine passion for making a difference in the lives of children with special needs.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team and adapt to changing priorities and situations.
If you're ready to embark on a rewarding career where you can truly make a difference as a nursery practitioner, we want to hear from you! Apply now to join our dedicated team of professionals committed to providing exceptional care and education to children with special needs.
Apply today or call Reeson on 0203 841 0777 to find out more.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%