I have a fantastic Catholic Primary school looking for an EYFS specialist to join them full time in September. The school is located in Catford SE6. The school are looking for strong EYFS specialists who hold at least a Level 3 qualification or higher and have experience within Nursery. The school are looking to trial as early as tomorrow as the school break up for summer next Thursday.
This role is a full time role with the option to go permanent for the right candidate.
- Hold NVQ Level 3 in EYFS or higher.
- First Aid Trained (Ideally Paediatric First Aid)
- Have a valid enhanced DBS certificate on the update service (or willing to apply for a new one)
Purpose of Job:
To be a member of a professional team led by the class teacher to provide high quality care and education for the children in the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Together with the EYFS Team, plan and implement appropriate activities for individual and groups of children to provide impactful learning opportunities
- To contribute to assessment, planning and observation
- Contribute to the completion and collation of documentation related to children within the class
- Contribute to the development of an enabling learning environment, both indoors and outdoors
- Communicate relevant information to colleagues, parents and carers
- Develop and maintain professional links with parents and carers and other colleagues
- Work with and observe key children and report their progress to both colleagues and parents.
General Duties & Responsibilities
- Work as a member of a team, contributing to the planning for preparation, delivery and evaluation of learning experiences that will enhance all areas of the children's development
- Help maintain a safe and exciting learning environment which ensures that all children have equal access to learning & development opportunities
- Support new children and their parents upon admission into Nursery or Reception
- Encourage children's independence and resilience
- Support children with additional educational needs by contributing to reviews and case conferences and working in cooperation with other agencies as appropriate. As well as contributing to Individual Education Plans as required.
- Maintain effective, professional relationships with colleagues.
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures, and report all concerns to an appropriate person, in respect of safeguarding, health & safety, confidentiality and data protection.
- Provide a model of best practice in early years education for visiting professionals
- Support the Catholic ethos
- Implement the early years foundation stage and national curriculum frameworks.
- Plan, prepare and implement group activities.
- As assigned by the class teacher, assume responsibility within the team for the "key person" role for a child or group of up to 13 children as defined by the EYFS. This involves planning, evaluation, observation and record keeping.
- Take small groups of children out of school to develop their interests in their local environment in line with school policy.
- Provide short term cover, such as during Teacher PPA time, in accordance with the statutory framework for EYFS
- Be responsible for the maintenance and development of a curriculum resource area/focus.
- Build and maintain effective professional relationships with parents and carers, maintaining high standards and boundaries at all times.
- Develop home/school/setting links by participating in home visiting, encouraging and promoting parental involvement in a range of school activities.
- Inform and involve parents and carers of their child's progress and development by providing written reports and attending parent's evenings
- Administer first aid as required
- Staff may be required to carry out basic medical procedures, for which training would be provided.
- Take responsibility for daily access and storage of any play equipment
If this Nursery Practitioner role is of interest to you, please apply with your most up to date CV to be considered.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.