Nursery Teaching Assistant (TA) - Autism Support Immediate Start - Muswell Hill, North London
An outstanding school in Muswell Hill, North London, is seeking a nurturing and dedicated Nursery Teaching Assistant (TA) to provide support to a child with Autism. This is an exceptional opportunity to make a significant impact on a child's development and work within a supportive and inclusive educational environment. The role is likely to continue beyond the immediate start and into the new academic year.
About the School: Located in the vibrant community of Muswell Hill, this school is renowned for its commitment to providing a high-quality education and fostering an inclusive learning environment. The school prides itself on its supportive and collaborative atmosphere, promoting the well-being and growth of all students.
Position Overview: As a Nursery Teaching Assistant, you will play a vital role in supporting the development and learning of a child with Autism within the nursery setting. Working closely with the nursery team and the SENCO, you will provide personalised assistance to ensure the child's educational and social needs are met.
Responsibilities: As a Nursery TA supporting a child with Autism, your responsibilities will include:
- Providing one-on-one support to the child, both in the classroom and during designated therapy sessions.
- Assisting the child in accessing the curriculum, adapting materials and activities as needed.
- Promoting communication and social skills development through structured interventions and individualised strategies.
- Collaborating with the nursery team, parents, and external professionals to create and implement personalised learning plans.
- Maintaining accurate records and progress reports to track the child's development and communicate with relevant stakeholders.
Requirements: To excel in this role, the Nursery Teaching Assistant should possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- Previous experience working with children with Autism, preferably within an educational setting.
- A strong understanding of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and familiarity with strategies to support communication, sensory needs, and social interactions.
- Patience, empathy, and a nurturing approach to create a supportive and inclusive learning environment.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills to work closely with the nursery team, parents, and external professionals.
- Relevant training or qualifications in Autism or Special Education (desirable).
Benefits: The school offers the following benefits to the successful candidate:
- Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience.
- Ongoing professional development opportunities.
- Supportive and inclusive work environment.
Application Process: To apply for this position, please submit your CV.
Join our dedicated team of educators and make a meaningful difference in the life of a child with Autism. Apply now to be part of our nurturing and inclusive school community!
Please contact Kevin at Reeson
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%