Permanent SEN Teacher
- SEN Special Needs School
- Attractive salary based upon experience
- Position to commence September 2020 or earlier
- Permanent SEN Teacher for Autism
- London Borough of Brent
- Permanent Post
- MPS - UPS + SEN Points
Do you have a specialism and passion for SEN?
Are you a quick learner who can adapt your teaching to suit the needs of your children?
Would you like to make a difference to the lives of young people with Autism?
THE SCHOOL & JOB
I am seeking to appoint a Permanent SEN Teacher - For an outstanding independent special needs school in Brent that caters to students between the ages of 5 and 11, who have an autistic spectrum disorder. The school has an exceptional reputation and fantastic facilities. They believe strongly that a rounded, engaging education that stretches students leads to successful learning and enables their pupils to achieve their potential and live independent, fruitful and rounded lives. This success is achieved through positive experiences and as a result all staff strive to create a school day that is motivating, rewarding and purposeful for each young person.
I am looking for a talented Permanent SEN Teacher to join the school's friendly, cohesive and collegial team. This is an exciting time to be joining as they are are going through a period of expansion due to soaring popularity with parents leading to significant over-subscription.
The school provides a full Autism Training Programme to supplement skills and you will have the benefit of working alongside our experienced in-house multidisciplinary team of therapists, including speech & language therapists, occupational therapists and assistant psychologists.
If you are looking for a new challenge in your career, this could be the perfect place to take the next exciting step in your journey!
If you are:
- A good / outstanding Permanent SEN Teacher with QTS
- Able to teach the Primary Curriculum across KS 1 and KS 2 including Entry Level and GCSE qualifications
- Experienced in and passionate about working with pupils who have autism
- Effective at coaching and mentoring
- Enthusiastic, dedicated and resilient
- Committed to raising standards and improving pupil's life chances to achieve their potential
- An experienced leader who inspires colleagues and holds them to account
- A flexible team player
- Committed to continuing professional development
THE IDEAL APPLICANT
- An outstanding and inspirational teacher possessing QTS and SEN experience
- Fully committed to raising standards in Teaching and Learning
- You will have an in-depth knowledge of the current Primary curriculum
- Experience working with pupils who have an autism spectrum disorder or social communication difficulties.
- Experienced in approaches that are known to be successful for learners with autism
- Familiar with a total communication approach to supporting students.
WHY THIS JOB?
- Teachers Pension Scheme
- Our private Health Care Plan
- Access to our childcare voucher scheme.
- A relocation package if required
- Opportunities for extensive CPD