- Immediate start
- Competitive rates of pay
- An ambitious and fast growing school
- Ideal for a recent Physics/Science Graduate
A Physics Technician is needed in a Secondary school in South London.
This Physics Technician post will be full time, Monday to Friday.
You will be required to support Physics lessons specifically for this Physics Technician role.
Applicants for this Physics Technician post must be able to support the Physics department in all areas of lesson preparation and general running of the classes.
If appointed as a Physics Technician, you will be required to take on standard responsibilities. This includes but isn't limited to effectively storing material/resources, assisting the class teacher in practical lessons and ensuring all equipment is used in a safe manner.
In addition to this, the school is keen to take on a Physics Technician that can work as part of team, use their time effectively to assist in teaching and uphold correct Health & Safety practices at all times.
The rates of pay for this Physics Technician post will range from £70 to £150 a day, depending on each applicants qualifications and experience.
The school is part of the GLF Schools, a Multi Academy Trust. GLF is an abbreviation of the Trust's motto, which is "Where Children Grow, Learn and Flourish."
Ofsted recognised the following during their April 2019 inspection:
- "Pupils feel safe in school."
- "Pupils say that bullying is rare."
- "Pupils reflect upon and develop their respect for the views and beliefs of others. They say that the school is effective in encouraging respect so that everyone is treated equally. They acknowledge diversity as a strength of the school."
- "The arrangements for safeguarding are effective ."
- "Leaders understand fully their duty to keep pupils safe and are thorough in this area of work."
- "Support for pupils' emotional well-being is strong."
- "Pupils are given opportunities to develop their self-confidence through classroom discussions and through other activities."
- "Leaders use the additional funding for pupils with SEND effectively. Since September 2018, leaders have developed and improved provision."
- "Teaching is most effective in English. Teachers use their good subject knowledge and enthusiasm for the subject to engage pupils' interest. Lessons are well planned and provide pupils with appropriate challenge."
- "Leaders have a strong understanding of the needs of pupils whose circumstances may make them vulnerable."
- "The school is generally orderly, and pupils are courteous towards each other and adults."
- "Despite the large school site, pupils are punctual to lessons."
- "Displays in classrooms are bright and purposeful and they are used to promote literacy. They help to create and promote an attractive working environment."
- "Leaders have identified and responded to the acute need for pupils to read frequently and widely. Reading is promoted around the school."
You are encouraged to apply if you are a Physics or Science Graduate or experienced Physics Technician.
Applications are also welcome if you are a British trained Physics Technician or overseas trained Physics Technician.
All applicants must have the following criteria in order to be considered for this position as a Physics Technician:
- Right to work in the UK
- Clear and updated Enhanced DBS
- DT based degree or overseas equivalent
- Experience of working as a Physics or Science Technician in UK schools
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity in education and training as a Physics Technician, then please apply via the link below and send your CV to Rahul at REESON Education as soon as possible.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%