Start Date: ASAP
Type: Full Time
- Term Time Hours: 30 hours per week, Mon-Friday Split between morning (7am-9am) and afternoon (2:30pm-6:30pm) afterschool activity
- School Holiday Hours: Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm
Salary: £19,000 PA or daily pay between £65-90 per day depending upon experience.
- Consisting of 41 weeks term time hours, and 11 weeks of school holiday camp management
Role Purpose: This is an exciting role for a candidate looking to gain a year round role working in afterschool activity and holiday camps. Reporting to the Manager and working closely with the wider team, the PlayWorker is responsible for delivering the wrap around care program and ensuring safe, creative, appropriate play opportunities for children. The role combines this term time role, with a holiday season role.
Duties of the role include:
- Supporting with the safe arrival of children at the club and the safe delivery to carers at the end of each day
- Delivery and active engagement of safe, creative, appropriate play opportunities in a fun and caring environment
- Keeping children safe and minimizing risks in the play environment
- Preparing and serving snacks/refreshments to the children ensuring that hygiene, health and safety measures are met.
- Administering first aid as appropriate
- Being responsible for setting up the room, including moving furniture, and tidying the club rooms at the end of the day
- Liaising with parents
- Working within agreed policies and procedures, being aware of staff responsibilities around the Safeguarding of children in our care.
- Be Super in everything you do, putting pride, careful thought, and our people at the heart of what your actions and tasks.
- Experience or working with 4 - 12 year old children in a childcare setting, and understanding their needs.
- Ability to communicate at all levels, particularly with children
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team, including working remotely
- An appropriate qualification in Childcare or Play work at NVQ Level 3 or the equivalent is desirable but not essential
- Willingness to undertake appropriate training is essential
- Candidates must be enthusiastic, honest, reliable, hardworking and most importantly willing to have fun and enjoy working with children.
Additional weekend hours may be required to fulfil the role duties in the lead up to holidays seasons. These will be paid in addition.
Please apply below with your CV if you're keen on this role.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.