Primary ASD Teaching Assistant
- Autumn Term 2019 start
- Ofsted rated 'Good' School
- Primary ASD base
- Excellent on-site facilities including a sensory room
- Central West London Location
I am currently working with a 'Good' mainstream Primary School which an attached ASD base who are seeking a Primary ASD Teaching Assistant ASAP this Autumn Term 2019. The Headteacher is ideally seeking a Primary ASD TA with UK based primary ASD experience and has relevant qualifications linked with SEN.
About the role - Primary ASD Teaching Assistant
- Working closely with the class teachers in delivering lessons for pupils with ASD
- Small class sizes
- At least 3 Teaching Assistants per class
- Working with outside agencies such as Speech and Language Therapists and Occupational Therapists
About you - Primary ASD Teaching Assistant
Experience working with Primary Age Groups
- Experience working with students with ASD (desirable)
- Bachelor of Education/PGCE with QTS (essential)
- Understanding of communication aids such as PECs and Makaton
- Excellent subject knowledge of the curriculum
The school is well-resourced and encourages an inclusive and integrated environment where students work within the mainstream class alongside their peers. Each student within the base has an EHCP in place and the Head is looking for train TA's to join their fantastic team - experience with Team Teacher and Autism Awareness is desirable.
If you are looking for the next step in your career, are passionate about Special Needs and would like to apply for this role; send through an up to date CV to Bonnie at Reeson Education today!