Primary SEN Teacher
- Permanent/Long Term Job
- Start ASAP
- MPS - UPS + SEN Point
- ASD/SLD Class of 6-8
- Good/Outstanding OfSTED Report
- Exceptional CPD & Career Progression Opportunities
Are you passionate about securing the best outcomes for pupils with special needs?
Are you an experienced teacher who is committed to giving your best?
Do you have a strong understanding of the EFYS framework ofr the national curriculum for KS1?
THE JOB & SCHOOL
Based in Hounslow, this is a highly successful and popular special school for pupils aged 4-11 years with autism and severe learning difficulties, a high proportion of whom have additional learning or physical needs. Their recent inspection by Ofsted revealed the school to be 'Outstanding'. They are seeking to appoint an outstanding Primary SEN Teacher who offers a creative and dynamic teaching presence in the classroom whilst presenting a multi-sensory curriculum.
The school are committed to raising standards that promote the welfare of our pupils through safeguarding and enhancing their learning experiences; the school expects all staff to share this commitment. This is an exciting time to join their happy, friendly and supportive team of professionals as they are about to under go a period of growth with unprecedented level of support and continued investment in facilities to meet the needs of their pupils and enhance their education.
They're seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Primary Teacher to work with a group of KS1/2 pupils who have moderate and severe learning difficulties, several of whom have a diagnosis of Autism. the class will consist of between 6 and 8 pupils and will be supported by 2 full time experienced SEN specialist TAs.
THE IDEAL APPLICANT
The school are open minded in their pursuit of their ideal Primary SEN Teacher and have set out the following criteria:
- A qualified teacher with QTS (NQT's will be considered as they have comprehensive NQT induction and mentoring systems in place).
- Have a passion for Special Educational Needs and a creative, inspirational approach to developing and delivering the curriculum, able to inspire and develop pupils to achieve their full potential.
- Be able to work collaboratively to secure the best outcomes for all pupils.
- Have an understanding of behaviour management strategies to support pupils.
- Be an excellent classroom manager, able to effectively lead a team of Teaching Assistants.
WHY THIS JOB?
- Well-resourced and enjoyable working environment.
- This Hounslow school invests heavily in staff by providing a range of tailored and bespoke CPD opportunities.
- The school will be growing significantly over the next 3-5 years and therefore there will be plenty of opportunities for career advancement
- A supportive leadership team who welcome fresh ideas.
- Excellent transport links close by.