A multicultural inner London Secondary Comprehensive School in Brent, are looking to appoint a Psychology Teacher to commence a part time (0.4/2 days per week), permanent role in September 2022.
- Permanent vacancy
- Psychology Teacher
- £32,308 - £47,139
- Inclusive, multicultural school with character, charm and positivity embedded in every policy
- Part time vacancy
- Key Stage 5 specialist required
SCHOOL INFORMATION - Psychology Teacher (part time)
They are proud to be an inclusive school with a student intake that reflects a wonderfully diverse and vibrant local community. The school motto is "Aspire, Commit, Succeed" and they believe that if you have high expectations and work hard, success will follow.
The most recent Ofsted Report judged the school to be "Good with Outstanding Leadership and Management", because the school leaders "are uncompromising in their ambition for pupils' outcomes and have shaped a culture within the school of high expectation and aspiration". They were shortlisted for the TES School of the Year 2018 and won the TES Maths Team of the Year 2017. They are also one of only four schools in the country to hold the Platinum Professional Development Mark and one of only 100 schools to hold the Inclusion Quality Mark Centre of Excellence.
School Vision Statements
- to provide every student with an outstanding education within a supportive, vibrant and stimulating learning environment
- to enable every student to reach their full academic and personal potential by instilling a passion for learning
- to provide a caring, supportive community embracing all cultures and beliefs
- to nurture every student to become a successful adult who will impact positively on their local community and society as a whole
- They will nurture and inspire each and every student in our community to fulfil their academic and personal ambitions, by delivering outstanding education with the utmost commitment and passion.
REQUIREMENTS - Psychology Teacher (part time)
Applications are welcome from a Psychology Teacher at any stage in their career including ECT's as the school has a reputation for providing outstanding support and professional development training. Psychology Teachers and overseas trained Psychology Teachers will be considered for this position, but applicants should have UK QTS or an overseas formal secondary school teaching qualification recognised in the UK. Ideally you will have experience of working in a London Secondary School and can demonstrate a track record of delivering outstanding results.
THE ROLE - Psychology Teacher (part time)
Psychology Teacher required who would enjoy working with highly motivated, intellectually curious students at Key Stage 4 & 5.
The Psychology and Social Sciences Department have both experienced and newly-qualified members of staff. All are able to offer the support required for any teacher, including a newly-qualified teacher, who is eager to contribute and make a difference to students that are conscientious and enthusiastic. They are supported by a fantastic team of technicians who are diligent in their preparation, organisation and involvement in aspects of teaching and learning.
The Psychology and Social Sciences Department, as a whole, works as a close-knit group, sharing resources and strategies across the year groups taught at the school. Psychology is a popular option at Key Stage 4 & 5.
Strong exam results were recorded in 2021, with 75% of students receiving grades 9 - 5 in all GCSEs and 83% of all students obtaining A* - C at A Level.
As a member of staff you will experience a collaborative professional community, with quality development opportunities to inspire our students. Staff well being is of high importance and staff will be trusted and valued. They constantly push so that the School is a great place where everyone works together on a daily basis to be their best.
In return, the school can offer the successful Psychology Teacher the following:
- A highly regarded progression pathway with middle and emergent leadership programme;
- A broad and wide ranging staff development programme, delivered by outstanding experts;
- Outstanding facilities and resources to support teaching and learning;
- A friendly and diverse student and staff community;
- Access to confidential emotional and practical advice support services.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.