Barnet - September 15th 2023 - Fridays only
Are you an early years teacher (EYFS) seeking a new role in a Reception class?
Have you been working as a supply teacher and would love one of your days to be guaranteed every week?
Reeson Education is seeking a passionate, friendly, and caring Reception Teacher to work at a well-subscribed and supportive school based in Barnet.
This 2 form entry school has a truly wonderful team and a visionary Headteacher who has a clear understanding of the school's goals and objectives.
The ins and outs of working as a reception teacher:
- Plan and deliver lessons that cover a wide range of areas of learning: A reception teacher will need to plan and deliver lessons that cover all areas of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum, which includes seven areas of learning: communication and language, physical development, personal, social and emotional development, literacy, mathematics, understanding the world, and expressive arts and design. The teacher will need to ensure that the lessons are tailored to the needs of the individual children in their class and that they are delivered in a way that is engaging and accessible for all.
- Observe and assess children's progress: A reception teacher will need to observe and assess the progress of each child in their class, using a range of assessment tools and methods. This will include regular observation of children during lessons and playtime, as well as more formal assessments at various points throughout the year. The teacher will need to use this information to identify areas where children need extra support and to plan future lessons and activities accordingly.
- A reception teacher will need to create a safe and nurturing learning environment that allows children to feel comfortable and confident in their learning. This will involve creating a welcoming and stimulating classroom environment, as well as establishing clear boundaries and routines that help children to understand what is expected of them.
- A reception teacher will need to work closely with parents and carers to ensure that each child is supported and encouraged to reach their full potential. This will involve regular communication with parents, as well as the sharing of information and resources that can help parents to support their child's learning at home.
- A reception teacher will need to support children's social and emotional development by providing opportunities for them to develop positive relationships with their peers and to learn how to express their emotions in a healthy way. This may involve facilitating group activities and games, providing opportunities for children to work in pairs or small groups, and teaching children about empathy, kindness and respect for others.
If this reception teacher role sounds interesting to you, please email me your up-to-date CV. Alternatively, call Danny today on 020 384 10777 to find out more.
Please note that this position is for Fridays only, and the successful candidate will receive support from an experienced teacher in regards to planning.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%