- Outstanding School in Central London (Tower Hamlets) requires full time receptionist commencing in either April 2023 or sooner
- £19,925 - £26,698 per annum depending upon experience
- Bengali speaker required
- Join a great team who are friendly and welcoming
- Full time 10 am - 6pm (or close hybrid of these hours)
- Receptionist with some office administrative duties based around admissions
- Training available to help undertake the job
To provide a professional, courteous and effective reception service as well as back office support with administrative duties.
- Dealing with front line enquiries from staff, parents, pupils and other agencies.
- Ensuring that visitors to the school are welcomed in a polite, friendly and efficient manner and adhere to the school's security policy (ie visitors badges etc).
- Operating the switchboard, directing calls to all staff as appropriate and taking messages where necessary.
- Ensure that late arriving students are registered on the MIS system correctly.
- Ensure that any student sent home during the school day is logged on the MIS system and that contact is made with parents/carers before the student leaves.
- Ensure that all parcels/packages delivered to the school site are checked before signing for their receipt and ensure they are securely stored in the post room.
- Assist in maintaining up-to-date records of pupil details by the inputting of data on to our MIS system within the provision of the Data Protection Act 1984.
- Ensure that the reception waiting area is kept clean and tidy and made welcoming to all visitors (ie, restocking of pamphlets, ensuring that notices displayed are up-to-date and well maintained, etc).
Admissions/Admin support duties:
- Assist as Interpreter at New Student Admission interviews with Bengali speaking pupils/parents.
- In liaison with Office Manager, ensure that all relevant paperwork is correct and completed with regard to New Student Admissions
- Ensure the student record file contains a copy of the student Birth Certificate and/or Passport as verification of name - advise parents that a school place is not guaranteed until we have the necessary documentation.
- Ensure that our MIS system (SIMS) record shows the correct name as it appears on the legal document(s) provided.
- Ensure that any information transferred to our MIS system by CSV is checked to be correct.
- Ensure that parent has completed an 'Allergies' and 'FSM' form(s) where applicable.
- Ensure parents are aware that the school is 'cashless' and that all money paid to the school for dinner/tuck etc is done via the online payments system.
Other general duties:
- Act as Interpreter at interviews and meetings with Bengali speaking pupils/parents.
- Ensure that all post is sorted and distributed speedily.
- Ensure outgoing post is franked accordingly and taken to the Post Office.
- Performing other duties of a clerical nature, commensurate with the grading of the post (ie filing, photocopying) as directed by the Office Manager, School Business Manager, or by teaching staff.
- Ensuring that the aims and objectives of the office are met to the required standard and to predetermined time scales, as directed by the Office Manager and School Business Manager.
- Providing refreshments for visitors as appropriate.
- The postholder will comply with the school's equal opportunities policy and assist with its development and promotion within the school.
- Support and uphold School Values and ethos.
- The postholder will actively participate in all aspects of the Performance Management Scheme, including undertaking duties and responsibilities for the purpose of self-development.
- The postholder will be required to undergo appropriate training in connection with the development of new technology and assist in the implementation of computerised systems, in accordance with developments in information technology.
- Must be available for transitional (break/lunchtime) duties.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.