An 'Outstanding' mixed comprehensive in North West London is looking for an enthusiastic, fully qualified and resourceful Resistant Materials Teacher to join the team.
Resistant Materials Teacher - October 2022 start
- Resistant Materials Teacher
- North West London, Harrow
- Key Stages 3 & 4
- 'Outstanding' Grade 1 Ofsted
- Full time position
- Superb rates of pay
- October 2022 start (or ASAP/to be arranged)
- Well-resourced and managed department
- Experienced and motivated Senior Leadership Team
- Students demonstrate great aptitude and design flair in creative subjects
The school is based in a welcoming and tranquil area in North West London and was rated as "Outstanding" by OFSTED in its most recent inspection, its third in succession. This Secondary School prides itself on an excellent all-round education that its students leave with, many of whom go on to higher education and skilled vocational employment. They have strong relationships with the local community and parents/carers of the student body. Their collegiate feel is evident in everything they do and this harbours great relationships with local business and stakeholders who support the school.
The School has as a mission statement 'Opportunities through learning'. They believe that this means that every child who enters the School from year 7 through to year 13, should have:
- Opportunities to feel welcomed into a caring and encouraging ethos
- Opportunities to engage in the rich and varied curriculum offered at the school
- Opportunities to have the highest quality of education through outstanding teaching, learning and pastoral care
- Opportunities to feel a sense of belonging by fully embracing all the extra-curricular activities
- Opportunities to engage in learning which develops the character of young people today into the adults we need them to be for the future
- Fantastic facilities, open plan learning environment
- Strong and established Design Technology department
- Friendly staff
- Salary £29,915 - £45,766
THE ROLE - Resistant Materials Teacher
You will be teaching Key Stage 3 and 4 and will need to be confident in delivering GCSE to a high standard. The School are looking fro a Resistant Materials Teacher specialist, however as all are offered on the modern curriculum a multi skilled practitioner would be ideal to complement the department. Whilst they will look to focus on your subject strength, willingness to be flexible and deliver across other specialisms is desired.
Students and teachers alike enjoy lessons, which make for a positive and purposeful atmosphere throughout the school. This school is only looking to employ passionate educators, candidates who are prepared to fully immerse themselves in the school community, be willing to plan, prepare and deliver all lessons independently and take part in extra curricular activities.
The Design and Technology department is well resourced and well run, the team work together and continually raise standards. The School focuses and invests in STEM subjects, benefiting from the additional support that a newly appointed STEM leader will be able to offer. They also have experienced technicians to help facilitate lesson preparation.
This position will be starting in October on a fixed term 1 year contract. After this, the school will consider you (subject to meeting their standards for success) for a permanent job for September 2023. The school offers great training plus a clear and attainable path for promotion - many responsibility post holders have been promoted from within the departments.
When you apply with Reeson Education, you get:
- Top rates of pay
- Professional support from our team of experienced consultants who offer guidance both pre and post placement
- Opportunities to progress your career
- CPD courses
- Ongoing access to the best and most exclusive future roles in London
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%