School Counseller Post
- Hackney, East London
- June 2021 start date.
- Part Time school Counsellor 0.6
- Strong Senior Leadership Team
- Highly successful school.
About the Counseller Post:
School Counsellor required to work on a part time, 0.6 contract, from June onwards. The working hours are: 22.5 hours per week. Depending on the counselling sessions scheduled in for students. The purpose of the role will be to provide personal counselling to students, and from time-to-time staff members. You will lead the counselling service with the other counsellor (job share) under the direction of the Assistant Vice Principal and other Senior Leadership Team members as appropriate.
Responsibilities of the Counsellor role:
- Update and adhere to appropriate policies on confidentiality, consent and risk assessment as well as a framework for assessment, referrals and appointment procedures.
- Assess and evaluate the effectiveness of the counselling service in accordance with agreed objectives.
- Keep confidential records and accurate statistics for the purposes of annual monitoring and evaluation.
- Produce an Annual Impact Report and any other reports, as and when required on the work of the counselling service.
About the School looking for a School Counsellor:
This is an exceptional school with many outstanding achievements, which is located within a highly desirable part of East London. The students' progress is consistently excellent for both GCSE and A level. Over the last three years they have achieved great success in national debating championships, enjoyed a host of sporting successes and have won both the Incorporated Society of Musicians Gold Award and the Hackney Mayor's award for music. The schools award-winning building is based at our stunning canal-side location, just minutes from Haggerston Station and just over a mile from the heart of the City of London.
Would you like to work in this brilliant school?
- Excellent student behaviour and highly supportive Senior Leadership Team.
- An Achievement-oriented culture where students work hard and it is cool to be smart.
- A warm/strict approach, meaning that our high standards do not come at the expense of inclusion.
- The belief that teaching must be a sustainable profession: clear systems and structures, sensible approach to feedback and no 'late night culture'.
Reeson Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the core values of honesty, integrity, and excellence. We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
When you apply with Reeson Education, you get:
- Top rates of pay
- Professional support from our team of experienced consultants who offer guidance both pre- and post-placement.
- CPD courses
- Prioritised and ongoing access to the best and most exclusive future roles in and around London
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%