A leading London Prep school are looking to recruit a school receptionist to join their team asap this Autumn Term 2023.
This school are looking for a full-time new receptionist who thrives on ensuring their parents and guests have a great experience with every single visit. Work as a Receptionist is vital to the running of a school, offering a first impression to all visitors and organisation is key!
The role is to start on a temporary basis this Autumn Term, with a view for the right person to join the school on a permanent basis.
The school is based in the attractive Notting Hill area of central West London.
Should the permanent School Receptionist role be obtained, the school can offer:
- Competitive salaries and pay progression
- Generous pension scheme with salary exchange option
- Discounted gym membership and nursery scheme
- Discounted school fees in APG schools
- Cycle to work scheme
- A supportive environment where work-life balance is important.
- A bespoke induction and training programme with built-in support and mentoring.
- A strong Staff Wellbeing Programme (Employee Assistant Programme/Staff events)
This full-time role (working hours 8:00 - 16:30 Mon- Fri) is to start asap on a temporary basis and those with both experience of working within a school and without will be considered. Both excellent spoken and written English will be required to be successful in this position.
Please see a breakdown of the job description below:
School Receptionist Job Description
- To provide a warm and welcoming experience for current and prospective parents who contact the school
- To provide support to members of SLT and teaching staff.
- To coordinate the front desk for security and deliveries
- To assist with school catering requirements.
- To welcome visitors and assist them while they wait for the Head of other members of staff
- Answering the telephone and dealing with enquiries in a timely manner.
- To liaise with the Buildings Manager in respect of general faults and maintenance.
- To ensure continuous cover of the front desk.
- To correspond with parents and staff, as and when necessary, via the SIMS database messaging service.
- To assist with hall/room bookings.
- To work closely with the Registrar in supporting the admission process for new families.
- To assist with maintaining and updating pupil and parent records.
- To assist with timetable changes on SIMS.
- To assist the SIMS Data Manager when required
- To assist with Parents Evening events
- To maintain the Parents Evening Booking system
- To create contact sheets for updating parent contact details
- To meet and greet, distribute and collect contact sheets at Parents Evenings
- To provide basic administrative support for teachers
- To provide administrative support for the Head
- To liaise with the Head to ensure timely updates of the school website.
- To assist with Attendance (checking registers/following up absences)
- To assist with Admissions enquiries, ensuring that all relevant information is collected and passed to the Admissions Registrar for follow up.
- Confident and friendly personality
- Working knowledge of SIMS.net specifically within Administrator, Exams and Assessment and Timetable modules
- Willingness to engage in Continuing Professional Development
- Excellent IT and written skills
- Experience with Microsoft office
- Excellent communicator at all levels
- Ability to take the initiative
- Additional commitment is required for Parent Evenings and other events
Should this School Receptionist role be of interest please do not delay in contacting Bonnie from REESON Education ASAP to arrange interviews. Due to the large volume of applications only successful applicants will be contacted.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%