An excellent Independent Prep school are looking to recruit a Full time permanent Science Teacher from Sept 2020.
This is a well known Independent school who are looking for a Science Teacher to join their friendly and welcoming staff team in the new academic year. The role is teaching across Years 3 - 8 (KS2/KS3), experience working within both Key Stages is preferable but not essential.
SUMMARY OF THE POST
- To teach Science to groups of students from all abilities across years 3 - 8 and foster intellectual curiosity.
- Plan, evaluate, and revise the Science curriculum, lesson content, materials and methods of teaching from Reception and in line with Common Entrance requirements.
- To take into account the differing ability lessons of students and differentiate work accordingly.
- To encourage all students to be actively engaged in their own learning and in reviewing their progress against targets.
- Introduce and teach correct use of a variety of science equipment.
- Keep up to date on all curriculum aspects through internal and external insets.
- To ensure that there is a high standard of display work in the laboratory, which is changed frequently.
- To ensure that all experiments are trialled beforehand and risk assessment used with all experimental work.
- Review and update annually the Science Policy.
- Select, review and maintain relevant resources.