An 'Outstanding' Secondary school in Central East London is seeking an experienced or newly qualified Teacher of Science for a position starting in January 2021.
Science Teacher for Key Stages 3 - 5, January 2021 start
Science Teacher for Key Stages 3 - 5, - East London
- £32,157 - £50,935 per year
- Permanent full time contract with Inner London Weighting
- Outstanding leadership team
Science Teacher for Key Stage 3 - 5
The School - East London
OFSTED outstanding school with a culture of high expectations based on our Values.
Ranked in the top 120 schools for progress at KS4 and have an ALPs score of 3, making them best performing sixth form for progress in East London.
The vast majority of our students progress onto top universities including Oxford and Cambridge.
One of the best attendance and behaviour figures in the local authority.
Continually striving to improve.
Students are proud of their school and have extremely supportive parents/carers and governors.
They are highly committed to the development of all colleagues as evident in their comprehensive CPD programme.
- You will need to hold a recognised teaching qualification in the UK, to include QTS (or an appropriate overseas qualification leading to obtaining QTS)
- The school are keen to hear from experienced teachers, especially at Key Stages 3 & 4, if you have had experience teaching a range of syllabus on the National Curriculum then that would be an advantage.
- Ideally you will have experience of working in a mixed ability secondary comprehensive school and can demonstrate the ability to differentiate lessons accordingly.
- The School are equally keen to hear from teachers who are currently training and looking for an NQT position in September.
- Confidence in your ability to plan, prepare and deliver lessons for mixed ability pupils at GCSE's
- Having good behaviour management and an ability to relate to mixed ability students is desirable
- A good team player, who has a can do attitude and sense of humour
- Ambitious and driven
About the Role
Due to the expansion of the Science faculty, they are looking for a passionate teacher who can teach KS3-4 Science and A Level in either Biology, Chemistry or Physics.
The Science faculty has a strong record of accomplishment in delivering excellent outcomes across KS4 and KS5. They are seeking to appoint an exceptional teacher to join them on their journey to be an exceptional school.
Subjects such as Maths and Science are very popular and as such attract a good calibre of student. You will be teaching mixed ability groups that have an interest in continuing their studies in Further Education.
- Well laid out, safe and modern science teaching facilities.
As you would expect, they are looking for the best. A good honours degree and qualified teacher status are essential.
You will be able to demonstrate unwavering commitment to raising student progress and standards.
You will share the belief that social disadvantage is no barrier to achievement and that every student can share in the joy of education.
Most importantly, you will possess integrity, good humour and moral purpose.
In return, the school can offer the following:
- A competitive salary with inner London weighting and pension scheme;
- A highly regarded middle and emergent leadership programme;
- A broad and wide ranging staff development programme, delivered by outstanding experts;
- A central location with excellent transport links;
- Outstanding facilities and resources to support teaching and learning;
- A friendly and diverse student and staff community;
- Discount scheme that offers savings on purchases, including groceries, eating out, entertainment, etc;
- Season ticket loan scheme;
- Cycle to work scheme;
- Free eye tests and discounted eye-care scheme;
- Access to confidential emotional and practical advice support services.
When you apply with Reeson Education, you get:
- Top rates of pay
- Professional support from our team of experienced consultants who offer guidance both pre an post placement
- Opportunities to progress your career
- CPD courses
- Ongoing access to the best and most exclusive future roles in London