- ASAP start
- Fantastic college West London
- Working up to Key Stage 5
- Full time post
- Biology, chemistry or Physics backgrounds considered
- Graduates and experienced Science Technicians welcome to apply
- Salary £18,000 - £30,000
Science Technician for a fantastic college in West London. The school are looking for a Science technician to join them ASAP. The college is open to considering graduates as well as Science Technicians with experience. The school have excellent facilities and offers a great working environment to its staff. The school is keen to look over CVs ASAP and meet Science Technicians over the next couple of weeks.
It is a 16-19 Sixth Form focusing on academic and vocational excellence. For over 25 years, they have been providing high quality education opportunities to Sixth Form students, with the firm belief that learning empowers young people. They are a welcoming and supportive Sixth Form with a vibrant and busy atmosphere. Students can choose to participate in a range of extra-curricular sessions and have the option to begin or continue with their Duke of Edinburgh Award if they wish. Whatever your interest, there will be something for them to choose.
Science Technician duties
- Responsible to the Head of Science for the technical service to the Science Faculty.
- Ensuring that the practical needs of the teaching staff are met in accordance with School schemes of learning.
- Ensure that all science equipment is well maintained
- Setting up and on occasions carrying out demonstrations.
- Retrieving and cleaning away apparatus, etc, after use.
- Constructing and modifying apparatus.
- Ensuring that the practical requirements of practical examinations/assessments are met, including preparing, setting up and testing materials, apparatus and equipment. Attending practical examination pre-views.
- Ensuring that satisfactory standards of safety and security are maintained in accordance with School/Borough policy.
- Other appropriate technician duties as requested by the Head of Science.
Applications are welcome from graduates as well as Science Technicians at any stage in their career. Being able to work at Key Stage 5 is highly desirable, please send your CV to Gavin at Reeson Education ASAP.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.