Secondary SEN Teacher
- Secondary SEN Teacher
- Upminster, Essex
- Permanent Post
- September 2020 Start
- Interviews ASAP
Do you believe that through learning, work and play you can nurture, challenge and inspire special needs children to achieve their full potential?
My client a fantastically well run expanding Upminster based SEN school with fabulous purpose built facilities has a number of exciting opportunities for people to join their team as an SEN Teacher in the Secondary phase. You will get to use your knowledge to teach, passion to change lives and enthusiasm to inspire.
The SEN Teacher Job
You'll be making a difference! As an awesome SEN Teacher you'll help to nurture and teach a small group of pupils who have a diagnosis of Autism or Complex Needs. You will change their lives.
You'll be developing your career! Whether you are a Mainstream Teacher looking to make the leap into SEN or an experienced SEN Teacher with a strong track record, their extensive CPD programme and supportive leadership team will take you to the next level and help you develop your career into what you want it to be. The SLT at this school genuinely want you to be happy and to be the best version of yourself that you can be - they will help you to reach that goal.
You'll relish your time at work and have the work-life balance to enjoy your time at home! The Headteacher is well known for taking the well-being seriously. The staff team is welcoming and professional and having worked with this inspiring SEN school I believe that you will find being and SEN Teacher enjoyable and the school a great environment to work in.
The Ideal SEN Teacher Applicant
- You'll be awesome
- You will be happy to work in Upminster
- You'll want to have purpose in your work life and want to make a difference in the world.
- You will be a qualified teacher with QTS (if you are an NQT that's fine!)
- You will have a passion for supporting pupils with additional educational needs and be motivated by the challenges that holds.
- You will be able to work collaboratively to secure the best outcomes for all pupils.
- You will have knowledge and experience of working with pupils who have autism and complex needs.
- If you have knowledge of THRIVE and an understanding of behaviour management strategies and how to apply them in the classroom that would be great, but if not, you just need the desire to learn
- We are particularly interested in hearing from candidates with a Maths specialism.
- Extensive CPD training which provides a range of tailored and bespoke CPD opportunities to all.
- A well-resourced and enjoyable working environment.
- Competitive salaries and pay progression - as a growing school there will be a number of opportunities over the next few years for staff that wish to progress.
- A supportive leadership team who are engaged in your professional development and success.
- Employee Assistance Programme (Counselling, information and support).
- Well-being and medical support.
- Generous Pension Scheme.
- Excellent transport links - District line