SEMH Teaching Assistant
REESON Education is currently seeking a full time SEMH Teaching Assistant for a welcoming small SEMH school situated in Harrow, West London. The Teaching Assistant role will be within a KS2 class. The school is looking to appoint on a on a long-term supply basis (with the scope to become permanent) and the role is to begin September 2020.
- SEMH school with a primary and secondary pupils who have been excluded from mainstream school
- Modern teaching and learning tools throughout all classrooms
- Supportive and friendly team
- Fantastic CPD opportunities
- Well connected by London public transport
- There is scope for this role to become permanent
- Competitive daily rate
What you'll need to apply for the Teaching Assistant role:
- Previous experience as a TA or LSA within UK SEN primary schools
- An up-to-date DBS, ideally registered with the update service
- Two teaching related references from your last two employers
- Degree from a reputable University
- Strong academics throughout required: A-Levels & GCSEs
- Child related experience is desirable, but not essential
- Strong understanding of the curriculum & SEN
- Must be an engaging, ambitious and caring individual
- Flexible and able to work 3 days
- Experience supporting in Key Stage 1 /2
- Supporting on a 1-1 basis or small groups with children diagnosed with SEMH, ADHD, OCD and challenging behaviour.
- Able to effectively deescalate a situation calmly (Team teach trained)
- SEMH and SEN knowledge
Interviews for the Teaching Assistant position will happen as and when successful applications are received so, please send your CV to Fateha at REESON Education or call 0203 841 0777.