An Ofsted 'Outstanding' school within the London Borough of Brent are currently in need of a specialist SEN autism Teacher for a full time 5 day position. The teacher MUST have a minimum of two years' experience working with Autism and/or complex needs. The successful candidate must hold QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) with a proven track record. You will join our caring and supportive specialist school where you will have access to experienced support staff and access to state of the art resources enabling you to deliver lessons that can engage students of all abilities. This is a great opportunity to give children with profound and multiple learning difficulties access to high-quality education.
The head teacher has stressed that the appointed SEN autism Teacher must have a good understanding of both Autism & behaviour difficulties. You will be working with a range of autistic children ranging on P Levels 3-6. The class is Key stage 4/5 with very challenging behaviour.
About the school
- An outstanding school in the London Borough of Brent offering education for 4-19 year-olds with highly specialised school for learners with autism, complex needs, PMLD, SLD and other needs.
- High quality education that inspires children to be as independent and enterprising as possible.
- Child-centred approach to teaching and learning.
- A safe, caring, and engaging environment that enhances pupil's educational and therapeutic development.
- Specialist workforce achieved through continual staff development.
- Ongoing reflection and evaluation of our practices, which are evidence-based and guided by current research.
- QTS (Qualified Teacher Status)
- Experienced as a SEN autism Teacher
- Full time - 5 days a week
- Must be able to work every Monday to Friday
- 2+ years' experience teaching in a special needs school
- A sound knowledge and experience with Autism and complex needs If you feel this may a position for you, then please apply accordingly and we look forward to hearing from you. Interviews and trials will be commencing ASAP.