TA for Special Needs - Dagenham
- Full-time SEN TA
- Supporting SLD, PMLD and Autism
- Key Stages 3 and 4
- Well resources SEN School
- East London - Dagenham
- £70 - £90 per day
We are seeking a full time, experienced SEND Teaching Assistant to work at one of our special educational needs schools in Dagenham. The role involves working closely with children aged 11-16 with PMLD, SLD and Autism. The school would require someone who is passionate with a clear understanding of dealing with personal care. This is a great opportunity for someone looking for a long term position in a friendly environment in the SEND sector.
There are great public transport links for those who can't drive; in addition there is a large staff car park available.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has previous experience working 1:1 with children, aged 11-16 with Complex Needs
- Available to work 8:30am until 4:00pm from Monday to Friday
- Someone who can continue to use an arrangement of strategies for making environment and surroundings more friendly for autistic children
You will be:
- Working 1:1 or with small groups of students
- Able to promote children's positive behaviour and supporting their development
- Ideally have Makaton experience but not essential
- Team Teach Trained but not essential
- Ideally have manual handling experience
- Motivated and committed to the SEND sector
If you have worked with students with complex needs and severe learning difficulties and are interested in this full-time and long term opportunity then please apply below.