- SEN TA working 1-1
- Secondary SEN School
- Full time / Long term position
- Starting ASAP
- Barking & Dagenham
- £70 - £90 per day
Do you have experience providing 1-1 support for pupils with complex needs?
Are you someone who takes initiative and can work independently?
Can you work 5 days per week in Barking?
If you answered yes to the above then this position may be for you!
SEN School based in Barking, catering to students aged 11 - 17 with Autism, Social Emotional Mental Health and Learning Difficulties.
Someone with previous experience working as a 1-1 SEN TA or LSA or someone with a background in care / mental health support work will find the school and setting ideal for them. The Head Teacher has been in post for a number of years and provides a very stable, purposeful leadership where all staff are valued and take part in regular training. The school is looking to meet a 1-1 SEN TA to work with one vulnerable pupil on a long-term basis for the year, full time. The child has complex needs and Autism and is in Year 7.
Responsibilities of role : SEN TA
- Supporting key pupil on a 1:1 basis in the class
- Providing targeted support outside of the classroom
- Delivering movement breaks, reward time and sensory stimulating play
- Liaise with the Inclusion manager to implement strategies in the child's EHC Plans
- Manage behavioural provision for the pupil
- Working on the child's social/emotional skills
- Accompanying pupil to relevant therapy sessions
You will need to have strong skills in behaviour management, a passion for working with pupils that have special educational needs and feel strongly in providing them the best start in life and education! If you are interested in this role then please forward your updated CV today!