- LSA/SEN TA vacancies
- Assisting ASD students in a number of classes from Early Years up to KS2
- 6-8 pupils in a class with 3 x SEN TA, 1x HLTA
- Haringey SEN School
- Immediate start
- Full time position for the academic year
- Weekly CPD courses available
- Excellent opportunities for career progression and development
- Daily rate up to £85
The SEN TA Job
A unique Special Needs school with a community feel, in the borough of Haringey (zone 3), North London is recruiting a number of new LSAs/ SEN TA staff. The successful applicants will join a highly respected and effective team and start as soon as possible.
You will be responsible for working as part of the SEN TA team in class under the direction of the class teacher assisting small ASD (Autism) classes of 6-8 students from early years up to KS2. The school itself is very modern having been purpose built a few years ago, making it an amazingly practical facility as well as being aesthetically pleasing.
This Haringey school is filled with the best available resources to support creative multi-sensory teaching and learning. The Headteacher and SLT have worked tirelessly with the teaching and support staff to create an ethos which put simply is to develop within a state of the art building, an innovative and visionary inclusive approach working with a huge continuum of need, pupils live together in an inspirational learning environment, where every one of those needs is met.
Benefits of the School
- Newly built SEN School in Zone 3 Haringey
- Caters for children aged 3-11 years old
- Rated "Outstanding" by Ofsted
- In partnership with local schools that regularly use the training facilities available
- Outstanding leadership team who encourage in-house career progression
- Multi-sensory soft play room
- Specialist dark room for visual stimulation
- HE and Art, Design & Technology bases
- Dance and Music studios
- Library and IT suite
- Augmentative communication via technology so that each student has complete access to the whole curriculum via switches or other aids.
- Play therapy room
- Sensory and sound gardens
- Market garden
- Hydrotherapy pool
- Assembly/sports/dining hall with specialist light and sound facilities
- Trampoline for rebound therapy
- Adapted minibuses
- Accessible/adapted toilet/changing areas with plinths and hoists
- Specialist individual equipment for pupils ordered by physiotherapist, Speech and Language Therapists, Occupational and Dietary Therapists
- All classrooms have computers/interactive whiteboards with appropriate switches, software and internet access
In order to be considered for this role, the LSA / SEN TA will need to meet the following criteria:
- Have experience working with ASD (Autism)
- Have experience working with SEN (Special Needs)
- Willingness to undertake personal care tasks (feeding, changing, toileting etc.)
- NQT, experienced UK and/or OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%