A school that caters for children with profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD) are currently seeking Learning Support Assistants to work within a class of six children. Each child in the class has a physical disability as well as other diagnosed difficulties, such as hearing impairment, visual impairment, speech and language.
The student's education does not follow the national curriculum but is very much focused on personal development, physically and mentally. They all have personal goals and are constantly encouraged to push themselves and given tasks to stimulate their activity. The school are equipped with state of the art facilities and resources, such as a hydrotherapy pool, hoists and physiotherapists on site.
This role will require feeding, changing and personal care, therefore a background in nursing and/or tube feeding would be useful, however the school create a very encouraging and helpful environment and are willing to offer any training.
This is an incredibly rewarding role with the results apparent and in front of you every day as you see each child gradually grow and push themselves.
- Working 1:1 with KS3/KS4 pupils diagnosed with Autism and complex needs who is returning from residential care to a classroom based environment.
- Taking instruction from the class teacher in what subject to support the child with
- Identify any triggers to behaviour
- Develop routines which work best for the young boy
- Keep the child safe a stimulated at all times
- Liaise with parents and external professionals in his development
- Assisting when needed in a class of five other SEN students with Autism
We are looking for
- Experience working with special needs children
- Highly enthusiastic and energetic team players
- High level of patience and the ability build strong relationships
- A desire to be part of an fast growing project
- Ambition to progress in job role and take further responsibilities