SEN TA ASAP
- Full-time SEN TA ASAP
- Primary age range
- Well-resourced SEN School
- Brent with great transport links
- £70 - £90 per day - depending on experience
- Starting immediately - ongoing contract for the academic year
A school that caters for children with profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD) are currently seeking SEN TA ASAP to work within a class of six children. Each child in the class has a physical disability as well as other diagnosed difficulties, such as hearing impairment, visual impairment, speech and language.
The student's education does not follow the national curriculum but is very much focused on personal development, physically and mentally. They all have personal goals and are constantly encouraged to push themselves and given tasks to stimulate their activity. The school are equipped with state of the art facilities and resources, such as a hydrotherapy pool, hoists and physiotherapists on site.
This role will require feeding, changing and personal care, therefore a background in nursing and/or tube feeding would be useful, however the school create a very encouraging and helpful environment and are willing to offer any training.
This is an incredibly rewarding role with the results apparent and in front of you every day as you see each child gradually grow and push themselves.
- Working 1:1 with a Year 6 boy with Autism who is returning from residential care to a classroom based environment.
- Taking instruction from the class teacher in what subject to support the child with
- Identify any triggers to behaviour
- Develop routines which work best for the young boy
- Keep the child safe a stimulated at all times
- Liaise with parents and external professionals in his development
- Assisting when needed in a class of five other SEN students with Autism
We are looking for
- Experience working with special needs children
- Highly enthusiastic and energetic team players
- High level of patience and the ability build strong relationships
- A desire to be part of an fast growing project
- Ambition to progress in job role and take further responsibilities
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Reeson Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Reeson Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Reeson Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.