Learning Support Assistant
- Special Needs Schools
- Long Term and Short Term Jobs
- Starting ASAP
- £65 - £95 per day
Reeson Education are actively looking to recruit experienced Special Needs (SEN/SEND) Teaching Assistants, and Learning Support Assistant for a large SEN client school based in Brent, London. They work with a broad range of SEN(D) needs from Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD), Autism (ASD), Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD) and Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD).
Personal care will be part of you daily routine and can entail helping the students feed themselves, getting changed, accessing the toilet, taking medication or just getting around school.
We are looking for bright, energetic individuals who either have experience working in SEN schools or who have an interest in working with SEN children/young people. Support and training will be provided by the school and a comprehensive induction and training programme will be in place for the first month to ensure you are given every opportunity to be successful, confident and effective in your job.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Experience with Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- Makaton, PECS or Team-Teach training - not essential
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills and Emotional Intelligence
- Experience in a Classroom environment
- Good Literacy and Numeracy Skills
- A Positive, Proactive, Professional, Friendly and Outgoing Personality