- ASD/SLD Class SEN Teacher
- Outstanding OfSTED
- 8 pupils, 3 Full Time Experienced SEN TAs
- Excellent Facilities
- Progressive and expanding school
The SEN Teacher Job
- My client is an outstanding Ofsted rated Brent based SEN school (2020) that is looking for a creative and vibrant SEN Teacher to join their team from after Easter.
- They are seeking to appoint an SEN teacher who is able to demonstrate both excellent classroom practice and an up-to-date understanding of the latest developments in special needs best practise.
- The contract is for an SEN Teacher for an initial 12 months followed by a permanent contract subject to good performance.
- Pupils are a mix of none verbal and semi verbal learners who communicate well through PECS and Makaton
- The SEN Teacher position is teaching a KS1 class of 8 pupils grouped by ability rather than age who are accessing a multi-sensory curriculum.
- Pupils are working broadly in line with P3-P5 EYFS pivot levels.
- This outstanding Brent SEN school supports pupils with autism and severe learning difficulties including pupils with communication needs.
- This inspirational Brent SEN school located in a highly popular and upwardly mobile area which is surrounded by local transport links, independent shops, cafes and local amenities.
- The building is well resourced, recently refurbished and very bright making it an attractive place of work.
- Thanks to the forward-thinking approach taken by the Head Teacher, the school is always investing in training programmes for staff, installing new facilities and working to build a strong bond across the team.
- The SLT places great importance in building strong relationships with parents and in providing a positive environment for staff.
- There is a good social side to school life with the SLT taking real steps to ensure a good work life balance and placing a real emphasis on the mental well being of staff.
- The classes are well supported by an outstanding team of TAs who are supportive and open to clear direction.
The Ideal SEN Teacher Applicant
- The successful SEN teacher applicant will need to be able to demonstrate the ability to deliver fun, creative, interesting lessons designed to increase stimulate independent thought, interaction and sensory engagement amongst pupils.
- SEN Teacher applicants must have QTS or a recognised equivalent qualification and some UK experience
- Some relevant SEN teaching experience in a UK or English speaking school would be beneficial
- Mainstream teachers are encouraged to apply as support will be provided for those with a good track record an interest in SEN and the desire to make the transition into an SEN teacher job.
- You will be joining a successful and vibrant SEN school run by a Headteacher who is very highly respected and well known - a good reference from here opens so many doors for those with serious career ambitions.
- As a SEN teacher you will be given excellent in house training and be developed professionally.
- They prefer to promote from within and are in the process of significant expansion both in school and throughout the wider trust, this will mean that SLT and middle management vacancies will be opening in the near future and new classes opening from September.
- There has also been a lot of work on developing benefits for staff as they believe that small things that make everyone's lives that bit easier or happier amount to huge benefits for all parties.
- Excellent rates of pay
- Temp to perm contract is a real option and one that has proven successful for the school over the 10+ years I have worked with them.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity to you please apply today!
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%