- ASD/SLD Class SEN Teacher
- Good OfSTED
- 8 pupils, 3 Full Time Experienced SEN TAs
- Excellent Facilities
- Progressive and expanding school
The SEN Teacher Job
- My client is a 'Good' Ofsted rated Hounslow based SEN school that is looking for a creative and vibrant SEN Teacher to join their team from after Easter.
- They are seeking to appoint an SEN teacher for immediate start until at least the end of the academic year for a KS2 class
- A permanent contract is a distinct possibility as the school are in the middle of a long planned expansion phase subject to good performance.
- Pupils are a mix of none verbal and semi verbal learners who communicate well through PECS and Makaton
- The SEN Teacher position is teaching children who are mostly working around P4-P6. They are non-verbal and a number are PECS users.
- The KS2 children follow a pre, semi or formal curriculum adapted from the National Curriculum.
- The role would involve planning, leading the class, completing reports etc as well as managing the three other staff.
- This fantastic Hounslow SEN school supports aged 3 - 11 years with severe and profound learning difficulties including those with an additional diagnosis of autism.
- This inspirational Hounslow SEN school located in a highly popular and upwardly mobile area which is surrounded by local transport links, independent shops, cafes and local amenities.
- The building is well resourced, recently refurbished and very bright making it an attractive place of work.
- Thanks to the forward-thinking approach taken by the Head Teacher, the school is always investing in training programmes for staff, installing new facilities and working to build a strong bond across the team.
- The SLT places great importance in building strong relationships with parents and in providing a positive environment for staff.
- There is a good social side to school life with the SLT taking real steps to ensure a good work life balance and placing a real emphasis on the mental well being of staff.
- The classes are well supported by an outstanding team of TAs who are supportive and open to clear direction.
The Ideal SEN Teacher Applicant
- The successful SEN teacher applicant will need to be able to demonstrate the ability to deliver fun, creative, interesting lessons designed to increase stimulate independent thought, interaction and sensory engagement amongst pupils.
- SEN Teacher applicants must have QTS or a recognised equivalent qualification and some UK experience
- We are looking for someone who either has experience working in an SLD school or who is quick to learn.
- You need to be creative and proactive and able to get to know the children and see them as children first and foremost and best meet their needs, encouraging them to be as independent as possible in all their learning
- You will need to be willing to support the children positively in all situations.
- You will need to be able to work well in a team and communicate well with adults and children..
- You will be joining a successful and vibrant SEN school run by a Headteacher and SLT who are personable, caring and very highly respected
- As a SEN teacher you will be given excellent in house training and be developed professionally.
- Excellent rates of pay
- Temp to perm contract is a real option and one that has proven successful for the school over the 10+ years I have worked with them.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity to you please apply today!
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%