PRIMARY SEN TEACHER
- West London
- KS1/2 SEN Teacher
- ASD, SLD and PMLD Classes
- Temporary Assignment
- Excellent SLT
The SEN Teacher Job
I am looking to appoint an experienced, dedicated and engaging Primary SEN Teacher to join an outstanding special needs school in West London at a very exciting time in its evolution. This thriving special school is based in West London and caters to children and young people with severe learning difficulties, profound and multiple difficulties and autism. The successful SEN Teacher applicant will be joining at a very successful school which places great emphasis on training and support for staff.
As an SEN Teacher you will be responsible for delivering a highly creative and multi-sensory curriculum, providing individualised planning that taps into the needs and interests of the pupils. The SEN teacher will be teaching a mixed KS1/2 class of 8 pupils who have been grouped on their ability and needs rather than age. Pupils will be working at middle P Levels (EYFS framework), they are pre verbal and will be communicating through picture symbols (PECS) and will be supported by a team of 3 TAs.
The SEN Teacher will be responsible for line managing a team of 3 experienced and highly trained TAs who will be invaluable assets as they know the pupils, their routines and have effective EHCPs and behaviour management plans in place.
- The successful SEN Teacher applicant will job a top West London SEN school which benefits from a large on site therapy hub, excellent investment in CPD training, state of the art facilities and a happy and positive working culture where the well being of staff is highly prioritised by the SLT.
- The school has been through an OfSTED inspection already this year and was deemed "Outstanding" by OfSTED in all areas.
- There is clever use of outdoor space which provides the children with a multi-sensory, fun area full of interest and small touches that will engage pupils and add to their learning experience.
- The school has a low turnover of staff and this position is a maternity cover for the remainder of the academic year.
- The school is in a pleasant West London location with excellent transport links and plenty of local shops, cafes and other amenities.
- Unfortunately the school only has very limited parking and there is a waiting list for a parking spot, it is therefore advisable that the successful SEN Teacher applicant travels by public transport.
The Ideal SEN Teacher Applicant
- I would love to hear from SEN teachers or mainstream teachers with experience of special education with QTS and a proven track record.
- You should have a real desire and motivation to make a difference to the lives of students.
- You should be believe that all children are capable of making outstanding progress.
- You should have experience of working with children who have SEN in either a mainstream or special school provision
- You should have basic PECS, Makaton, TEACCH and Team Teach skills although full training will be provided
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%