SEN Teacher - ASD/SLD
- Immediate Start
- Ofsted Good
- Car Parking onsite
- Full time
- Short/long term
Are you an experienced and passionate SEN Teacher looking for an exciting opportunity to work in a lovely secondary SEN school in Harrow? Look no further! We are currently seeking an enthusiastic SEN Teacher to join our dedicated team on a full-time, short-term basis, with the potential to extend to a long-term position.
Responsibilities of an SEN Teacher:
- Create and deliver engaging and inclusive lessons that cater to the specific needs of students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD).
- Differentiate teaching methods and resources to accommodate the individual learning styles and abilities of students, ensuring their progress and development.
- Develop and implement Individual Education Plans (IEPs) and behaviours management strategies, in collaboration with the school's leadership team and SENCO, to support students' academic and social-emotional needs.
- Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment, promoting a sense of belonging and encouraging students' active participation and engagement.
- Utilise a range of teaching and communication strategies, including visual aids, assistive technology, and sensory resources, to enhance learning experiences for students with SEN.
- Assess students' progress regularly, providing constructive feedback and adapting teaching approaches accordingly to address any barriers to learning.
- Collaborate with teaching assistants and support staff, providing guidance and support to ensure effective classroom management and student support.
- Communicate and liaise effectively with parents, carers, and external professionals to ensure a holistic approach to students' education and well-being.
- Keep accurate records of student progress, behaviours, and any additional support provided, in line with school policies and procedures.
- Engage in continuous professional development, staying up to date with SEN practices and strategies, and actively contributing to the school's learning community.
Join our welcoming and supportive team of professionals in our beautiful SEN school, where you will have the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of our amazing students.
To apply, please submit your CV outlining your relevant experience and passion for working with students with ASD and SLD.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%