- Wandsworth SEN School
- Primary PMLD Class
- easter Start
- Excellent Rates of Pay
- Friendly Supportive School
- Long Term Job
- Interviewing ASAP
I am currently looking for a teacher who is experienced working with children with profound multiple learning difficulties (PMLD) to join a top SEN school in Wandsworth. The school are seeking to appoint a quality SEN practitioner to join their team from January to teach a mixed key stage 1/2 class for the remainder of the academic year to cover a member of staff who is going on maternity leave.
The role will require leading, delivering and co-ordinating lessons and curriculum to students that have physical disabilities, cognitive and developmental difficulties. You will need to be committed to ensuring pupils make good progress and encourage pupils to reach their potential through engaging and stimulating teaching. It is important that you are a good line manager, can set targets, can plan a sensory curriculum (some children have visual impairments), write reports, liaise with parents and external agencies and communicate well with fellow staff.
Your main duties would include:
* Inspiring and engaging and developing the social skills of children with profound & multiple learning difficulties.
* Assessing individual learning needs and working with experienced LSAs in class
* Assessing and reporting on individual pupils progress.
* Liaising with your head of department to ensure that all mid and long term targets and tracking data are accurate.
* QTS or a UK recognised teaching qualification
* To be able to differentiate work to students depending on their need and abilities.
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with other staff members.
* The ability to use initiative and can work well under pressure.
* PECs or Makaton trained is desirable* Experience is desirable