- Wandsworth SEN School
- Primary PMLD Class
- September Start
- Excellent Rates of Pay
- Friendly Supportive School
- Long Term Job
- Interviewing ASAP
The SEN Teacher Job
I am currently looking for an SEN teacher who is experienced working with children with profound multiple learning difficulties (PMLD) to join a top SEN school in Wandsworth. The school are seeking to appoint a quality SEN practitioner to join their team from January to teach a mixed key stage 1/2 class for the remainder of the academic year to cover a member of staff who is going on maternity leave.
The SEN teacher role will require leading, delivering and co-ordinating lessons and curriculum to students that have physical disabilities, cognitive and developmental difficulties. You will need to be committed to ensuring pupils make good progress and encourage pupils to reach their potential through engaging and stimulating teaching. It is important that you are a good line manager, can set targets, can plan a sensory curriculum (some children have visual impairments), write reports, liaise with parents and external agencies and communicate well with fellow staff.
THE SEN School
This is a delightful and really well set up Wandsworth maintained special day school for children aged 2-11 years. The school specialises in educating pupils with severe and profound learning disabilities. Many pupils have additional physical disabilities, communication difficulties and complex health needs. The school has a tremendous reputation and is rightly proud to have maintained its Outstanding Ofsted judgement in September 2016 having had 3 previous consecutive outstanding judgements.
The aim for all staff is to ensure all pupils follow a curriculum that is highly personalised and differentiated to make learning fun, meaningful and engaging. You will aim for all of your children to leave school as confident, independent life-learners who are able to express themselves and their choices, are problem-solvers and who can contribute to the community in which they live and learn.
You will work closely with colleagues in health and social care to provide integrated therapies throughout the school day and to support ongoing work with families to ensure all children are able to reach their full potential in a safe and happy environment.
SEN Teacher duties would include:
* Inspiring and engaging and developing the social skills of children with profound & multiple learning difficulties.
* Assessing individual learning needs and working with experienced LSAs in class
* Assessing and reporting on individual pupils progress.
* Liaising with your head of department to ensure that all mid and long term targets and tracking data are accurate.
Successful SEN Teacher candidates will need the following skills and qualifications:
* QTS or a UK recognised teaching qualification
* To be able to differentiate work to students depending on their need and abilities.
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with other staff members.
* The ability to use initiative and can work well under pressure.
* PECs or Makaton trained is desirable * UK PMLD Teaching experience is desirable