SEND Teacher / Special Needs teacher in Lewisham commencing September
- SEND Teacher
- Teaching 16 years +
- London Borough of Greenwich
- Closest station: Woolwich Arsenal
- Permanent position from September 2020
- M2 - M6
A fantastic school in Greenwich for students with severe learning difficulties and profound and multiple learning difficulties are seeking a teacher of Functional Skills and Life Skills to join their supportive team from September.
The school caters for students aged 3 - 19 however this particular position will focus on working with Key Stage 5. The school's key focus is the development of each individual student, which requires a teacher who is knowledgeable and passionate about teaching students with special educational needs.
You must have experience teaching students with similar disabilities and have also previously taught Functional Skills or Life Skills. You must also be resilient, flexible and inspirational so that you can successfully develop the students to their highest potentials.
The school can offer excellent rates of pay, a supportive and dedicated team of staff and the opportunity to work in a wonderful school with excellent facilities.
The ideal SEND Teacher / Special Needs teacher will have:
* UK QTS or QTLS with SEND experience
* Experience delivering a Functional Skills/Life Skills curriculum
* A positive approach to teaching
* The ability to build good relationships with the staff and pupils
* Fantastic behaviour management
In return the successful SEND Teacher / Special Needs teacher will receive:
* A great rate of pay
* Sufficient time to plan and prepare lessons
* Fantastic prospects of further long term work
* A high level of support provided by your dedicated consultant
* The opportunity to make a huge impact on young learners with Special Needs
If you would like further information on this exciting position which starts from September with interviews being held straight after May half term, please apply below with your most up to date CV.