Primary SEN Teacher
- January 2021
- West London
- KS1/2 SEN Teacher
- ASD, SLD and PMLD Classes
- Permanent Contract September 2021
- Excellent SLT
- Brand New Purpose Built School
- MPS 1-6 (Outer London) + SEN Point
THE SCHOOL & SEN TEACHER JOB
I am looking to appoint an experienced, dedicated and engaging Primary SEN Teacher to join an outstanding special needs school at a very exciting time in its evolution from January 2021. This thriving special school is based in West London and caters to children and young people with severe learning difficulties, profound and multiple difficulties and autism.
Due to an increasing need for top quality specialised primary SEN provision within the borough the local authority approached the school 3 years ago to set up a new school to open in September 2021. You will be joining at a very exciting juncture in both the school's development and in the provision for special needs children in West London.
The school expansion involves a full relocation to a purpose built new school in Hounslow for September 2021. The school will be based on two joining but self-contained sites and will consist of the secondary and post 16 provisions along with the new primary school. The school buildings are at the final stages of construction and the SLT and governors are at the stage where they are picking wall colours and finishes. Having seen the site I can vouch that it will be a highly impressive state of the art set up with integrated technology specifically chosen to support the children on their learning journey and aid good teaching.
The school will benefit from a large on site therapy hub which will be the most advanced and well thought out I have seen in over 5 years working with special schools. There is clever use of outdoor space which provides the children with a multi-sensory, fun area full of interest and small touches that will engage pupils and add to their learning experience.
As a result of this massive expansion project I am looking to appoint a number of teachers for with early year's experience for EYFS and KS1 class teaching roles within the new primary department. Initially you will be contracted through Reeson Education on a timesheet basis for the duration of a probation period at which point a permanent contract will be offered subject to satisfactory performance
The school will offer a comprehensive induction and inset programme for all staff, a pension scheme and a range of well-being benefits including an employee assistance programme.
THE IDEAL PRIMARY SEN TEACHER
- I would love to hear from teachers with experience of special education with QTS and a proven track record.
- Newly qualified teachers and teachers looking to move over from mainstream are also encouraged to apply.
- You should have a real desire and motivation to make a difference to the lives of students.
- You should be believe that all children are capable of making outstanding progress.
- You should have experience of working with children who have SEN in either a mainstream or special school provision
- You should have basic PECS, Makaton, TEACCH and Team Teach skills although full training will be provided