SEN Teacher (Primary) - Autism and SLD
- Maternity Cover
- SEN Teacher - KS2 Class
- Start ASAP
- South West London
- Supportive SLT
- Excellent CPD
I am seeking an SEN teacher to join a growing, successful and Outstanding teaching school in South West London for children and young people with autism, severe and complex learning difficulties aged 2-11 years. This SEN teacher position is a maternity cover and will start in January and run for the duration of the academic year.
The class you will inherit is one of the more capable groups where attainment and communication skills are more developed. That said the pupils are still delayed in their development and cognitive skills (Year 5 pupils operating at Year 1/2 levels). You will benefit from excellent in class support from an experienced team of 3 TAs/LSAs. You will be responsible for line managing the TAs, completing short term planning (mid term plans will be in place for both terms), completing assessments and tracking data etc.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities:
- Experience in teaching youngsters with special needs
- A passion for teaching and learning, giving every pupil that right amount of challenge.
- A real commitment to working with young people who have severe and complex needs
- The ability to develop strong working relationships with staff, parents and other professionals.
- Flexibility, creativity, enthusiasm and energy.
- Effective communication with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to work both independently and as the key motivator and inspirational leader for the class team
This South West London special school was inspected by OfSTED in the last 12 months receiving an "Outstanding" rating. It offers a supportive and motivated staff who are dedicated to providing the best education and support for all their young people. The SLT are committed to maintaining small classes (6-8) with a good level of LSA support (2-3), a friendly team environment and an ongoing investment in continuous professional development for all staff within within a caring teaching and learning environment.
The Headteacher has indicated that they will consider Overseas Trained Teachers (OTTs), NQTs (with suitable experience) and mainstream primary teachers seeking to make their first step into an SEN environment. Applicants must have a good level of written and spoken English, hold QTS or be able to obtain it within 6 months and be subject to DBS checks and full vetting and compliance procedures.