SEN Teacher (ASC Class Teacher)
Are you an SEN Teacher looking towards teaching in an excellent educational environment and would you like the opportunity to be part of a dynamic and very committed team in Balham, Wandsworth? If so, please read on:
As a SEN Teacher you will benefit from:
- Excellent professional development and career progression opportunities.
- Strong values and relationship based approaches with a care for work life balance
- Working with highly aspirational and caring group of professionals who care deeply.
- An exceptionally well resourced learning environment.
- A caring and supportive whole school community which is culturally diverse and inclusive.
SEN Class Teacher - Austim Hub
The school has a brand new unit for children on the autism spectrum. As they grow, they will educate 16 to 20 pupils, from reception to year 6. Children in the unit have opportunities throughout the day to access mainstream education, with support from the specialised Sen Teacher trained staff.
SEN Teacher ASC classroom facilities:
- 2 classrooms set up according to TEACCH principles
- a sensory and soft play room
- an outdoor learning garden
- therapy/quiet room for more individualised learning
- high staff-pupil ratio
How the Unit is run:
- A highly differentiated curriculum to ensure the needs of all pupils are met and that all pupils progress to their fullest potential.
- An individualised approach to encourage independence and life skills.
- Fun and exciting learning opportunities, which help to remove the emotional barriers and to ensure a positive, safe and respectful environment for every pupil.
- Specialised teaching approaches using ASC specific strategies such as TEACCH, SCERTS, Intensive Interaction, Makaton and PECS.
- Inclusion opportunities in the mainstream school in relevant year groups.
- A commitment to working with parents through regular communication and workshops.
- A multidisciplinary approach to learning to ensure speech, language and communication needs are met, as well as motor skill development.
If this SEN Teacher role in Balham, Wandsworth is of interest to you, please apply with your CV below.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.