- Barnet SEN School
- EYFS SEN Teacher - ASD/SLD Class
- Immediate or September Start
- Excellent Rates of Pay (MPS-UPS + SEN Point)
- Great Barnet Location
- Fantastci Public Transport Links
- Friendly Supportive School
- Permanent Job
- Interviewing ASAP
I am currently looking for an EYFS or SEN teacher who is experienced working with children with autism and/or SLD to join a delightful SEN school in the London Borough of Barnet. The school are seeking to appoint a quality SEN practitioner to join their team either from September or sooner on a permanent contract. The role will be to teach a mixed an EYFS class working at pre-school levels for the remainder of the academic year or to take the permanent job from September.
SEN Teacher Roles & Responsibilities
This Barnet based SEN Teacher role will require leading, delivering and co-ordinating lessons and curriculum to a class of 7 EYFS students that have cognitive, physical and developmental difficulties. You will need to be committed to ensuring pupils make good progress and encourage pupils to reach their potential through engaging and stimulating multi-sensory teaching. It is important that you are a good line manager, can set targets, can plan a sensory curriculum, write reports, liaise with parents and external agencies and communicate well with fellow staff.
The SEN School
This Barnet SEN school is a really supportive and caring working environment led by a dynamic and relatable SLT who are willing to back staff, try new initiatives and engage proactively with staff and parents. The school has great modern facilities, including classrooms with height adjustable desks, interactive screens, break-out areas, specialist lighting and a variety of outdoor spaces to meet different needs. Teaching and therapy spaces have ceiling hoist tracking and hygiene rooms tailored to different age and need groups around the building.
Facilities in the new building include:
* Cutting-edge hydrotherapy pool with light settings and seabed murals
* Sensory stimulation room designed on Snoezellen principles
* Trampoline room for Rebound Therapy
* Environmentally friendly roof garden with vegetable growing area
* Food tech space with adjustable worktop heights and ovens designed for wheelchair users
* Soft play area
* Music therapy room
* Library designed to house 5D virtual reality due for September 2021
The school provides a differentiated curriculum that is aspirational, relevant and engaging; designed to meet the unique needs of all individual pupils.
SEN Teacher Duties Would Include
- Inspiring and engaging and developing the social skills of children with profound & multiple learning difficulties.
- Assessing individual learning needs and working with experienced LSAs in class
- Assessing and reporting on individual pupil's progress.
- Liaising with your head of department to ensure that all mid and long term targets and tracking data are accurate.
The Ideal SEN Teacher Candidate
- QTS or a UK recognised teaching qualification
- To be able to differentiate work to students depending on their need and abilities.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with other staff members.
- The ability to use initiative and can work well under pressure.
- PECS or Makaton trained is desirable
- Experience is desirable
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.