- KS1/2 SEN Teacher (ASD/SLD)
- Required for September 2021
- MPS - UPS + SEN Point
- Outstanding Brent SEN School
- Permanent Job
- Interview ASAP
I am seeking to appoint passionate primary teachers to an oustanding Brent SEN school for primary aged pupils with an EHCP for Autism (ASD), Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD) and Speech, Language and Communication Needs (SLCN) who will become an integral part of school community
The SEN Teacher Job
Are you a QTS holder with either a desire to become an SEN Teacher or recent experience working in a UK mainstream or SEN school as an SEN Teacher?
Are you ready for a fresh challenge starting in September in the inner London Borough of Brent ?
Do you have experience teaching or a desire to teach children with autism (ASD) or severe learning difficulties (SLD)?
Would a permanent job in a truly innovative Brent SEN school appeal to you?
This posts is a permanent job teaching a mixed KS1/2 class of up to 7 pupils with autism (ASD), complex learning needs and severe learning difficulties (SLD) at a fantastic supportive school from September. Pupils will be working on low P levels using an adapted curriculum that enables them to meet their learning needs. The class will be well supported with 3-4 SEN TAs working in class to support learners in accessing the curriculum.
An Outstanding Special School in Brent for primary aged pupils who have autism severe learning difficulties, some who have additional communication and physical disabilities.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the best resourced and most forward thinking SEN schools in South London. You will join a very supportive team of highly regarded teachers at an exciting time in the life of this school. You will benefit from amazing facilities as the school has a multi-purpose, state of the art building with wonderful facilities.
The school also has a highly innovative approach to inclusive education as it is co-located with an Outstanding Primary School with a shared vision for establishing a truly inclusive community. This is only the second school of its type in London and it is pioneering a vision that is child focused, creative, inclusive and well supported by parents, the local authority and OfSTED who have consistently deemed the school outstanding.
The Ideal SEN Teacher
I am seeking a qualified teacher with QTS who has knowledge and experience in teaching children with special educational needs and physical disabilities. It is highly desirable that you have the ability to inspire and develop pupils to achieve their full potential. You must have great communication skills and a positive approach to working in collaboration with multi-professional agencies to secure the best outcomes for all children. The ideal applicant will have excellent classroom management skills and an ability to effectively lead a team of support assistants. The Head has said they are particularly interested in teachers who have experience in leading in an area of the curriculum to promote teaching and learning across the school.
I am looking for:
- Positive, enthusiastic and creative Primary teachers who are outstanding classroom practitioners and passionate about teaching children with SEND
- Teachers who strive to provide the highest standard of teaching using appropriate and specific strategies to engage and support pupils with a wide range of learning needs
- Teachers who are committed to working in partnership with others, including therapists and families.
- Practitioners who have experience in positively managing behaviour
- Individuals with a commitment to their own continued professional development
- A sound understanding of the stages of child development
- Experience or knowledge of working with individuals with autism and/or learning difficulties
SEN Teacher Benefits
- Supportive colleagues and a caring working environment
- A comprehensive induction and mentor programme
- Outstanding in-service training and opportunities to develop professionally in a thriving and growing school
- A generous PPA allocation of 4 hours p/w compared to the recommended entitlement of 2.5 hr
- Well-resourced vibrant classrooms with high adult to pupil ratio
- Dedicated support from specialist colleagues in our MAST team including therapists and behaviour experts
- A well-being agenda to ensure a healthy work/life balance and positive mental health
- Support from a passionate, approachable, empathetic and ambitious senior leadership team
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.