- Outstanding Harrow SEN School
- Fantastic Facilities and Training
- Full Time SEN Teacher Vacancy
- Harrow Local Authority
- September Start
- KS1/2 ASD, SLD Class
- Salary £31000 - £49000 Dependent Upon Experience
THE JOB & SCHOOL
I am currently recruiting for an SEN Teacher who is interested in developing their career or a newly qualified SEN teacher seeking their first post. This vibrant, successful and expanding special needs school caters for students and pupils between the ages of 3-11 with a range of needs including many who have autism and profound and/or severe learning difficulties. Based on a purpose built modern and spacious site in Harrow this flagship school has been consistently delivering outstanding specialist education for SEN pupils for many years under the leadership of a stable, supportive and highly organised SLT.
This is a large, incredibly well run, impressive and well respected special needs school that has consistently delivered great outcomes for children through good planning, hands on responsive management and a truly collaborative approach. The school is going through an exciting period of expansion which will mean that it will become one of the largest special schools in London.
There is a big emphasis on training in school and as a result the school employs staff who are certified to deliver TEACCH, (Picture Exchange Communication System, Makaton, Intensive Interaction and Team Teach training to its teachers. All staff have regular training including training in ASD strategies. The school also invests heavily in a range of therapy teams including Speech and Language Therapists who work regularly in the classrooms.
Previous experience of working in a special needs setting is not essential. We are looking for someone that is passionate about working with children and is willing to tackle new challenges and get stuck in. This is an opportunity to join a well run, established and friendly school where you can make a huge difference to the lives of pupils.
The applicants for this Special Needs Teacher vacancy will need to be comfortable working within a special needs environment, and be open to learning new things. If you are willing to work hard and open to learning new strategies then the rewards are there
SEN TEACHER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Special Needs Teacher teaching a KS1/2 class of 8 pupils
- Work with students with autism and severe learning difficulties aged between 5 and 8
- Line managing a team of 2 or 3 support staff within the classroom
- Maximum of 6 children per class
- Modern superbly resources school site in the London Borough of Harrow
- Set in residential areas that are easily accessible via public transport
- Over 100 amazing children
- Dynamic and forward thinking senior leadership team and governors committed to staff support
- Career growth and development including induction and ongoing training that will be tailored to your needs
- Teaching teams who work collaboratively to share expertise and workload
- Supportive governing body
- Warm positive environment in which to work
- A school that is innovative and continuously seeks opportunities to further improve and develop
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.